Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] March and Lamptey

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The true test of March will be the return of crowds, as it will be for a lot of players across the leagues who have potentially thrived without them.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
People, especially fans of other clubs, don't understand how much of a blow their injury has been. We don't really play with out and out wingers, so they were the ones giving us some width and pace. Veltman/Burn/Gross have done a good job, and given us strengths in other areas (see Burn at Anfield). Even if one is back, it will give us a much needed option, especially in the 10 man defense we seemed to have struggled against all season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We stayed in the Premier League this season because we picked up points v the likes of Leeds, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Everton and West Ham Not because Fulham, Sheff Utd, and West Brom were particularly hopeless. They were relatively average in terms of points won for a bottom three and as everyone knows we didn't beat any of them. .

:thumbsup: Fact.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Hmmm that's one way of looking at it, I can't say I agree.

Lamptey in particular not only changes our play but the oppositions too.

He instantly pulls a player out from the middle, or at least has them mindful of going out to their left.

The other thing missing from our strikers (apart from goals!), this season, has been about 2 seconds.
They've all needed an extra couple of seconds.
The space generated by a couple of seconds.

Having Lamptey and Solly hugging the touchlines creates a couple of seconds space in the middle.

With the best will in the world BDB and Veltman aren't doing that to Premier League footballers.

By way of tying up my opinion on about half a dozen threads:-

It would be great for the Albion to buy a striker who doesn't need a couple of seconds.

Don't agree with quite a few of your posts overall, but this is absolutely spot on imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here