Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Latest TV Gordon Smith talks......

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Celtic Abuse
Shoot Magazine
Alan Mullery
Mike Bailey
The Albion’s first and only top flight hat trick
And funnily enough 21st May 1983

Enjoy

https://youtu.be/DtedDs7Nmn4

Thanks for sharing, good listen

Harty doesn't seem to get that many views but he certainly has decent guests, Paul Barber and Paul Hayward to name a couple...

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Thanks for sharing, good listen

Harty doesn't seem to get that many views but he certainly has decent guests, Paul Barber and Paul Hayward to name a couple...

It’s a slow burner old boy, hopefully it will catch on 👍

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Didnt Peter Ward also score a hat trick against Wolves?

Yes, around Christmas 1979. 3-1 away win.

He scored a couple in the home match too.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Great program again Ian, Gordon was always one of my favourite players from that era. and don't these guys have great memories when you talk to them about specific games. Glad you said he'd given you one of your greatest memories when he scored at Wembley. I was part of the Albion crowd that day and to feel the concrete terracing actually moving as we celebrated still gives me goose bumps today.

:thumbsup:

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Peter Ward scored the first top flight hat trick at Molineux on a frosty night just before Xmas 1979 - starting a sequence of results that probably kept us up that season. Smith hauled us back from 0-3 down midway through the second half at Highfield Road in October of the following season. I went to both games and really enjoyed the latter, being as I was living & working in Coventry at the time.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Apologies Gents, it now appears that Smudger is the last player to score a top flight hat trick for the Albion not the only player ��

The Peter Ward stat had totally gone out of my head, and the source I checked with stated Smith was the only one. My bad ��*♂️

Will amend the statement in this weeks show ��

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Great program again Ian, Gordon was always one of my favourite players from that era. and don't these guys have great memories when you talk to them about specific games. Glad you said he'd given you one of your greatest memories when he scored at Wembley. I was part of the Albion crowd that day and to feel the concrete terracing actually moving as we celebrated still gives me goose bumps today.

:thumbsup:
Loved the story of Neil McNab - binned off for speaking his mind at a meeting, Some loss making decision that was - we paid £220K for him (all figures from Wiki) and sold him for £35K less than 3 years later to Manchester, where he played for another seven years as one of their best players!
Funny, I'd almost forgotten him, but I remember now that at the time I was hugely excited when we signed him - one of our best players, IMHO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here