Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Oh Tomer.........

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Not any more:-

Temporarily closed to allow all the usual suspects who hang out in here, squabbling like 7-year-olds, never convincing anyone of their point of view and repeatedly reporting the posts of "the other side" to chill out for a while.

Seriously - you act like f**king children and should be embarrassed at yourselves.

This will re-open at some future time. Or maybe it won't.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Not wrong - although the inhabitants usually were. :lolol:

Been out since early this morning. Have I missed anything :shrug:

And I would hope it's a case of poor timing on Tomer's part (and it's staring to appear this is his regular celebration)

Last edited:

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
This just made me feel really sad. Perhaps it's because I really loved him as a player and greatly respected his bromance with King Kayal.

I think we need to be really careful here. The OP actually hit the nail on the head - Kayal is Israeli too and has played 46 games for the International side. As I understand it, they've been friends since childhood, despite being the other side of the religious divide.
Tomer being proud to be Israeli doesn't necessarily mean he supports everything going on there.

Timing maybe not great, but I would prefer to give the benefit of the doubt, personally.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And the sooner Israel stops occupying, harrassing and terrorising Palestinians, the sooner Hamas will stop firing rockets. Same as it ever was.

Hard not to feel for the Palestinians. Imagine your house being taken off you and being told to live in the hut at the bottom of the garden.

Simplistic I know but...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hard not to feel for the Palestinians. Imagine your house being taken off you and being told to live in the hut at the bottom of the garden.

Simplistic I know but...

Aye true and unfortunately only part of the story ...this sort of thing doesn’t help

https://twitter.com/maxe2review/status/1393940566774321157?s=21

Blame on both sides ..and currently little reconciliation, judging by what one sees in the media ..maybe behind the scenes

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The best thing I’ve taken from the thread is that Tomer is still playing and scoring goals. I’m really pleased for him and wish him well. Always liked him.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
The sooner the cowards of Hamas stop hiding behind the skirts of women and children to lob rockets into Israeli towns and settlements, the sooner Israel will stop massively retaliating. Same as it ever was

Is the right answer of course . I would qualify that by saying it’s very difficult to negotiate with a terrorist group like Hamas but sadly Israel is being badly let down by having the current President in charge . Bibi needs to be replaced with someone more flexible with negotiating. Almost all Israelis according to the polls are desperate to live in peace and support a 2 state solution . The massive problem is the question of security for Israel once a Palestinian state is formed if they had their own Palestinian Air Force and navy . No other country in the world is run by a hardline Islamist terror group ( as prescribed by the US, The Uk, Australia, New Zealand and the European Commission. )

So unfortunately it’s not just a simple case of giving the Palestinians their own state , at the moment it has massive security regional implications.

Jordan have been apparently approached by the USA on more than one occasion to see if they would give a small amount of their land next to where the current border ends to increase the size of the country for a future Palestinian state and flatly rejected the idea .

I firmly do not agree that Israel are randomly bombing Gaza in retaliation for the 3000 rockets launched into Israel.

If Israel was not being very careful with picking military targets with the amount of capability their airforce has, the deaths would have been in the tens of thousands over the last fortnight not two hundred .

Obviously it’s impossible to mitigate all civilian deaths because of the tightly spaced layout of Gaza and Hamas being ingrained in civilian buildings.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
And I'd still suggest your comparison is shameful hyperbole

A shameful post and a roll call of shame for anyone giving it a thumbs up.

The comparison is not only factually inaccurate it's deliberately offensive in my view and could, according to at least one definition, be deemed anti-Semitic.

Drawing comparisons of contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis.

https://www.holocaustremembrance.co...ions-charters/working-definition-antisemitism

First, and most obviously, even in the worst possible interpretation of what Israel has done to the Palestinians, it does not remotely resemble what the Nazis did to the Jews. The scale and purpose are incomparably different, in ways so glaring that they ought not to need spelling out. Israel’s abuses against the Palestinians occur within a territorial and political conflict, albeit one in which, unquestionably, great and indefensible wrongs have been done; the Holocaust was an attempt at ethnic annihilation in which 6m people were murdered. I once heard a well-educated man who should have known better lament the fact that, after what happened to them during the second world war, the Jews have gone on more or less to do the same thing to the Palestinians, “only without all the killing.” The industrialised killing, however, was not an incidental part of it. To pretend an equivalence grotesquely exaggerates Israel’s guilt and renders the crimes of Nazism routine.

https://www.economist.com/bagehots-...ng-israel-to-the-nazis-is-always-anti-semitic

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
This thread is going to end up in the Bear pit.

#FreePalestine is all I have to say on this matter.

I mean, to be fair, it's already free. It's Israel again. Anyone with a modicum of historical knowledge should be aware that Israel existed before.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
The sooner the cowards of Hamas stop hiding behind the skirts of women and children to lob rockets into Israeli towns and settlements, the sooner Israel will stop massively retaliating. Same as it ever was

The only people hiding are the Israeli government. They’re hiding their war crimes behind pitiful excuses like the one you have outlined above.

5EDA116B-F2BC-4250-AC40-1F14B56D98B2.jpeg

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

The comparison is not only factually inaccurate it's deliberately offensive in my view and could, according to at least one definition, be deemed anti-Semitic.

https://www.holocaustremembrance.co...ions-charters/working-definition-antisemitism

First, and most obviously, even in the worst possible interpretation of what Israel has done to the Palestinians, it does not remotely resemble what the Nazis did to the Jews. The scale and purpose are incomparably different, in ways so glaring that they ought not to need spelling out. Israel’s abuses against the Palestinians occur within a territorial and political conflict, albeit one in which, unquestionably, great and indefensible wrongs have been done; the Holocaust was an attempt at ethnic annihilation in which 6m people were murdered. I once heard a well-educated man who should have known better lament the fact that, after what happened to them during the second world war, the Jews have gone on more or less to do the same thing to the Palestinians, “only without all the killing.” The industrialised killing, however, was not an incidental part of it. To pretend an equivalence grotesquely exaggerates Israel’s guilt and renders the crimes of Nazism routine.

https://www.economist.com/bagehots-...ng-israel-to-the-nazis-is-always-anti-semitic

The scale is different, the purpose the same (to exterminate the Palestinian people and no, I dont care about what Israel or their allies say on this subject). The Israeli guilt is not exaggerated, in fact its been overlooked by far too many for far too long.

As for Hamas, most Palestinians I meet think they are controlled by Mossad which makes a lot of sense. If that is the general opinion inside Palestine I dont know.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I mean, to be fair, it's already free. It's Israel again. Anyone with a modicum of historical knowledge should be aware that Israel existed before.

If someone who lived in your house before you tomorrow comes and says "this is my house, I was here before you", would you give it up and move out?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

This. Any comparison is completely vile. And is the reason why Israel slaps down so damn hard on it's enemies. It KNOWS damn well through experience that nobody else - not even the US - other than its own state can be relied on to safeguard its citizens right to exist. That's why they play hardball. And why they'll ALWAYS do an eye for an eye

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The scale is different, the purpose the same (to exterminate the Palestinian people and no, I dont care about what Israel or their allies say on this subject). The Israeli guilt is not exaggerated, in fact its been overlooked by far too many for far too long.

As for Hamas, most Palestinians I meet think they are controlled by Mossad which makes a lot of sense. If that is the general opinion inside Palestine I dont know.

Good grief ... if Israel really wanted to exterminate the Palestinians it could roll in and do it one afternoon. Now we have a conspiracy theory about the Jewish state pulling the strings behind the scenes which you are inclined to believe?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For those that are interested - and don't already know all the answers.

Last night John Oliver did a piece on this, coming down really hard on Israel and then the US for allowing their war crimes.
I don't imagine that played too well across the pond.

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
If someone who lived in your house before you tomorrow comes and says "this is my house, I was here before you", would you give it up and move out?

If I owned a house and the people renting it from me refused to pay rent for 30 years then yes, I would want them evicted. Which is exactly what has happened.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Two things:

1. It's great to see Tomer scoring goals and bringing joy to the supporters of Wellington.

2. There have been many news stories that have dragged on for decades, i.e. free Nelson Mandela, the Berlin Wall, the troubles in Northern Ireland. However, in the end these situations were resolved. There are now only two situations I feel will never be resolved in my lifetime:

a) Peaceful co-existence between Palestinians and Israelis
b) The Albion paying decent money for a top striker.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Good grief ... if Israel really wanted to exterminate the Palestinians it could roll in and do it one afternoon. Now we have a conspiracy theory about the Jewish state pulling the strings behind the scenes which you are inclined to believe?

It could but it would be a lot more problematic.

I do believe that the Israeli state got a well-developed intelligence service called Mossad pulling strings in a similar fashion as the CIA or MI6, yes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Two things:

1. It's great to see Tomer scoring goals and bringing joy to the supporters of Wellington.

2. There have been many news stories that have dragged on for decades, i.e. free Nelson Mandela, the Berlin Wall, the troubles in Northern Ireland. However, in the end these situations were resolved. There are now only two situations I feel will never be resolved in my lifetime:

a) Peaceful co-existence between Palestinians and Israelis
b) The Albion paying decent money for a top striker.

Not the thread for laughter but this along with most Palestinians I meet in the 4th post after "that's all I've got to say on the matter" are making it very hard to keep a straight face.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here