Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] EURO 2020 Thread

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Absolutely buzzing for this.

euros groups.jpg

Anyone's thoughts on favourites? I see France as just slightly ahead of a quite large chasing pack. Set up to be a really competitive tournament.

Group F looks like chaos,and it must be the first time I've ever thought "Hmm, not sure Germany will make it out of their group."

Just seen Trossard is confirmed in the Belgium squad, who else are we expecting to see? Moder, Veltman?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Veltman is in the initial squad of 34 for Netherlands. I'm not sure Poland have announced theirs yet.

Agreed - love summer tournament football. 3 games a day for the first couple of weeks

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
One of the more open tournaments for a while, can make a case for several teams rather than there being 2-3 standouts.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
One of the more open tournaments for a while, can make a case for several teams rather than there being 2-3 standouts.

I could see any of around 5-7 teams realistically making the final/winning it. Should be a cracker.

Only concern re: quality is if the players are just knackered. More squad rotations should help with the 26-man squads.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I will be mostly supporting the team featuring an Albion player

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It could be England’s year, hopefully.

I reckon Semis again for us, which would be no great shame. Fantastic attacking talent but concerns at CB and GK will prove our undoing, is my prediction.

France, Belgium, Portugal all looking strong - with Italy, Germany, Spain all following up.

I'd take another Semis if we can get another monkey off our back (following penalties in 2018) - knocking out a top side in the 2nd round/quarters - love it to be Germany or Portugal.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Being in Scotland's group adds some extra spice

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Looking forward to it. Attacking options are very good and after the excellent World Cup for us and Nations League performances I think semis would be success again. Love watching all the games - Summer tournos are one of the best things in football!

Be interesting to keep an eye on Albion players that are playing too - a fairly new thing for many of us.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Given that I have no interest in the 2022 WC this tournament promises to be an entertaining Swansong for my limited interest in International football. Some very enticing groups should get this competition off to a cracking start. Looking forward to it.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Cannot wait.

Portugal look good but have a brutal group.

I still wouldn't fancy coming up against Spain either.

The Albion are safe. Let the Euros commence

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Really tough to pick a winner here. I have a list of 9 teams that could easily make a case!

Heart says England. Head says France. Denmark as a long shot. Scotland to fail to score in 3 games.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Agreed - personally not sure how much England will do. Huge potential but I don't think Southgate will risk it enough - and our group is pretty tough (Scotland aside). Don't win the first game and huge pressure

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Really tough to pick a winner here. I have a list of 9 teams that could easily make a case!

Heart says England. Head says France. Denmark as a long shot. Scotland to fail to score in 3 games.

Really going out on a limb there :)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'd imagine I'm in a minority but I really can't get excited about this one.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Quite a few teams that could win but I think France will do it in the end.

England got great wingers and great strikers but other than that I'm not too impressed. Central defense and central midfield looks weak.

Sweden... most likely going out in the group stage. Game against Poland will probably be the deciding one.

I'd imagine I'm in a minority but I really can't get excited about this one.

Struggling as well. The format + limited crowds + a lot of tired players... cant really feel the hype.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Quite a few teams that could win but I think France will do it in the end.

England got great wingers and great strikers but other than that I'm not too impressed. Central defense and central midfield looks weak.

Sweden... most likely going out in the group stage. Game against Poland will probably be the deciding one.

Struggling as well. The format + limited crowds + a lot of tired players... cant really feel the hype.

This is one subject where you can toodle off to some other chatroom. Graham isn't managing any of the teams, so I doubt you'll be interested. Now, off you pop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here