Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which current player will eventually be sold by Brighton for the biggest fee?

Which player will command the biggest fee?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
In the next few seasons it's likely that we may choose to sell some of our talented players if the price is right.
Which of our current squad will eventually command the biggest fee?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Tariq Lamptey if he gets his body right, he is a very very special player, I think Biss is a fantastic player and that plenty including White will be, but Lamptey is another level - plenty of his performances in his first season and in the beginning of this would have made him the starting RWB or even RW in every single team in the world. Otherwise probably Rob Sanchez, good keepers are usually quite expensive these days.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
White will ultimately go for more than Bissouma, he has the "is English" thing which adds an extra £5-£10m to his price for no reason when selling to one of the big 6

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
White will ultimately go for more than Bissouma, he has the "is English" thing which adds an extra £5-£10m to his price for no reason when selling to one of the big 6

It's not entirely for no reason, there is a homegrown rule in place for European competitions.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If Lamptey can get a full season in without constant or recurring injuries it will be him. I fear he is going to prove to be very injury prone though, he really is too small and muscle injuries apart likely to get targeted and fouled every game. The body can only take so much.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Surprised at how few people are saying 'Another player'. Inflation will surely come into play, particularly after all the commentators are saying that transfer fees will be lower for a couple of years.

My gut feeling is that transfer inflation will come into play in four or five years and one of our younger players - Caicedo? Moran? Emmerson? Someone even younger? will go for a bigger fee than we can obtain for our players at the moment

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Big Bob for me.

Votes for Bob and Tariq involve some optimistic hopes about their development (and injury status). With Yves and Ben it feels a bit more clear where they are likely to be at with performance capabilities in 2-5 years time

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've gone with 'Other player' - in this case Andrew Moran.

I know he's only young and there's a long way to go, but Man Utd and Chelsea are already reputedly sniffing around, and anyone who has the confidence and ability to score the goal he did in the U-18 Premier League Cup Final is a truly special talent.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Maupay!

Scores 30 goals for us next season we get into Europe and he is worth £75 million!!

Then again......................................

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Surprised at how few people are saying 'Another player'. Inflation will surely come into play, particularly after all the commentators are saying that transfer fees will be lower for a couple of years.

My gut feeling is that transfer inflation will come into play in four or five years and one of our younger players - Caicedo? Moran? Emmerson? Someone even younger? will go for a bigger fee than we can obtain for our players at the moment

Indeed. And if a 'few' years is 10 years then it seems likely that whatever we get in the next 2-5 years is likely to be bettered, possibly by some kid who is presently at home, eating the tea his mum has made him, while watching Operation Ouch!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here