Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Championship Playoffs

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
After watching these two games I am convinced that out of these four teams one of the relegation places is taken for next season in the Premiership.

It's pretty likely - in eight of the last ten seasons at least one promoted team has been relegated immediately - our promotion year and 2011/12 being the exceptions.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
After watching these two games I am convinced that out of these four teams one of the relegation places is taken for next season in the Premiership.

I'm not really disagreeing with you, but whoever goes up will have a squad that is very different in 3 months time. They will probably go down partly because the core of their first XI isn't good enough (as you have alluded to) but also because they won't have the same window to assess likely targets and therefore will fail to improve in the right areas. This is what happened to Fulham, which is why they ended up stuffing their first team with loanees who aren't quite good enough and don't really care enough about the club they are loaned to. e.g Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I fear Brentford will fall apart if they do not go up, how many years can they be nearly boys without imploding, like Tottenham are doing now.

My choice for promotion would be Brentford, failing them it would be Barnsley only because they would probably be nailed on relegation favorites (obviously we would fail to beat them home and away)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I fear Brentford will fall apart if they do not go up, how many years can they be nearly boys without imploding, like Tottenham are doing now.

My choice for promotion would be Brentford, failing them it would be Barnsley only because they would probably be nailed on relegation favorites (obviously we would fail to beat them home and away)

I dont think they will. They are healthy from top to toe and are going to reach the PL eventually.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Here we go again.

Brentford - Bournemouth kicked off a few minutes ago and Bmuff just took the lead. Looking very difficult for Brentford now.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
**** me that’s awful from Brentford. Pushing EVERYBODY bar the keeper up for a corner. Nobody further back then the edge of Bournemouth’s box. Ball bobs out, and Bournemouth promptly run the length of the pitch to score. Amateur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Keeper should be sent of for that, shocking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here