Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Championship Playoffs

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
... starting today.

Brentford vs Bournemouth and Barnsley vs Swansea.

I think the winner of Brentford vs Bournemouth will also be the ones going to the PL, though I'd prefer Barnsley or Swansea. Just struggle to see it as Barnsley got a weaker squad and Swansea has been piss poor for several months.

In the end I think Brentford will take it, they are a very well run club and bound to take the step sooner or later. Unlike the other three, I think they would also have a decent chance of staying up.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
In the end I think Brentford will take it ... Unlike the other three, I think they would also have a decent chance of staying up.

Which is one of two reasons why I hope it’s not them who go up.

Though I’d quite like to go to their new ground - perhaps a cup game.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Please don’t let Bournemouth win.

With £60m+ from the sales of Ake, Wilson and others along with parachute payments, they’ll be in rude health if they come back. They have kept hold of a number of promising youngsters too; but the main thing is that we normally do shit against this outfit, I want them in the Championship or below.

Any other team beginning with ‘B’ suits me.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Barnsley for me all day long. We have a poor record against Bournemouth, if Brentford fail to go up Toney will be on the move and I can but dream.

I have never agreed with Welsh clubs in the English leagues but not Scottish ones (no offence OP) so no to Swansea too.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Barnsley for me all day long. We have a poor record against Bournemouth, if Brentford fail to go up Toney will be on the move and I can but dream.

I have never agreed with Welsh clubs in the English leagues but not Scottish ones (no offence OP) so no to Swansea too.

Oddly TNS who almost always win the Welsh Premier and get into the Champions League are English!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I am very upset. Go lwythllwywywyll yourself.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If it’s Brentford we can look forward to probably shipping 4 goals up there however well we are doing :lolol:

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Anything other than a Brentford promotion would be a travesty after finishing 7 points clear of 4th place and TEN clear of 6th.

The whole play-off thing is terrible idea anyway. If they want 3 to go up then make it the top 3. Fair's fair.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Unfortunately I think Bournemouth still have the quality to raise their game for these playoffs. Hope I am wrong though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here