Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Food at the Man City game

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Intrigued by the Supporter code of conduct for the game which mentions 'hawkers/in-seat/click and collect food and drink services'. Can't find any other info about these - did they have these at the previous games with fans and if so how did the in-seat food service work?

So excited to go to my first (and therefore only) mens game of the season (got to one ladies match this season as well), even though I think it will feel a bit weird given that the stands won't be full, all the covid-related rules and that I've not been anywhere with that number of people for over a year...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Intrigued by the Supporter code of conduct for the game which mentions 'hawkers/in-seat/click and collect food and drink services'. Can't find any other info about these - did they have these at the previous games with fans and if so how did the in-seat food service work?

So excited to go to my first (and therefore only) mens game of the season (got to one ladies match this season as well), even though I think it will feel a bit weird given that the stands won't be full, all the covid-related rules and that I've not been anywhere with that number of people for over a year...

All this football and all you can think about is food :facepalm:

:wink:

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
:lolol:

Having a Piglets Pantry pie is an essential part of my football experience, and to have it delivered to by seat so I wouldn't have to queue would make it even better!!

:laugh:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To the samrtarses making derogatory comments, it is a daft kick off time, which means for those of us who normally have our dinner at 7 in the evening will have to plan ahead.

The question really was will there be a full range of food available as well as alcohol. If the stadium is only a third full, you can understand that the club will put of a restricted offering.

Also, re click and deliver....how will that work if your phone struggles with WiFi and 4g in the stadium?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
To the samrtarses making derogatory comments, it is a daft kick off time, which means for those of us who normally have our dinner at 7 in the evening will have to plan ahead.

The question really was will there be a full range of food available as well as alcohol. If the stadium is only a third full, you can understand that the club will put of a restricted offering.

There's no alcohol at all. I would guess this is because it encourages people to stay in the (poorly-ventilated) concourses, due to the ridiculous law that prevents football supporters from taking a beer to their seat.

I would imagine all arrangements being made are to minimise the time people spend in the concourse area.

Pies will be chicken, steak and veggie balti.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

I actually think the 7pm kick-off is ideal.
For anyone travelling more than an hour it means returning home at a far more civilised time.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You weren't FORCED to attend.

Do you have your evening repas at 1900 on the dot each evening?

It's just not those who eat at 7pm that have a conundrum to deal with here. Those who eat between 7pm and 10pm (to allow for time to travel home) will also be trying to fathom just how they will be nourished tomorrow night.

In fact, come to think of it, we tend to eat between 6 and 6:30pm most evenings and I'd not even considered how I might survive given we'll be setting off for the Amex around 5:30, at a guess.

How had this not struck me before?

I think I'll go and put the ticket on the exchange as I'm struggling to work out how I could otherwise work around this.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Thinking about it, apart from Piglet Pantry's offerings or the usual poor hot dog or burger what other hot food is available?

It would be nice to be able to get something like a portion of curry or chilli con carne with rice.

I'll end up with a pie and a cup of tea, but it would be great to have something more nutritional.
Hopefully I'll now be updated on things I didn't know we can buy.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Regarding the City game but changing the subject to seats.
I'm in block E3A which is one of those flat disabled areas for wheelchairs and their helper. I questioned it with services and they said that's fine. Looking Saturday night it would seem PB has changed these areas to tiered seating. Can someone confirm this, and where are the disabled wheelchair areas now?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Thinking about it, apart from Piglet Pantry's offerings or the usual poor hot dog or burger what other hot food is available?

It would be nice to be able to get something like a portion of curry or chilli con carne with rice.

I'll end up with a pie and a cup of tea, but it would be great to have something more nutritional.
Hopefully I'll now be updated on things I didn't know we can buy.

The middle North stand kiosk did a nice dish of Thai noodles but that was over a year ago.

Bombardier

NSC Patreon
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Here we are talking about how we will survive on pies or hot dogs and the lack of alcohol. First world problems, eh? Pretty sure we can survive a few hours so, man up, enjoy the last home game of the season and do what we are primarily going for....... to watch a live match, say thank you to the players for the entertaining football this season (forget the position and take the positivities), clap them off at the end and not forgetting to clap the premier champions elect.

To much to ask?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Here we are talking about how we will survive on pies or hot dogs and the lack of alcohol. First world problems, eh? Pretty sure we can survive a few hours so, man up, enjoy the last home game of the season and do what we are primarily going for....... to watch a live match, say thank you to the players for the entertaining football this season (forget the position and take the positivities), clap them off at the end and not forgetting to clap the premier champions elect.

To much to ask?

In fairness, only one person has expressed any concern about mealtime scheduling, and I'm not sure whether he was being serious or not.

The rest of it is natural curiosity about how in-stadium click-and-collect may work, intrigue about having American-style hawkers patrolling the stadium selling stuff and some good old-fashioned piss-taking.

All that said, I am looking forward to having a pie at the football again.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here