Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Food at the Man City game

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
:lolol:

Having a Piglets Pantry pie is an essential part of my football experience, and to have it delivered to by seat so I wouldn't have to queue would make it even better!!

:laugh:
That’s done it. I need a pie now 🥧

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
intrigue about having American-style hawkers patrolling the stadium selling stuff

Yes!!

hot-dog-lady1529549117294_7000k_1920x1080_1260524099914.jpg

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Regarding the City game but changing the subject to seats.
I'm in block E3A which is one of those flat disabled areas for wheelchairs and their helper. I questioned it with services and they said that's fine. Looking Saturday night it would seem PB has changed these areas to tiered seating. Can someone confirm this, and where are the disabled wheelchair areas now?

I've think I have sat in this area before for normal home games. If it is where I am thinking there are 3 rows of normal seating with the disabled platform just behind.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
What do you like then, wet pastry?

I have to say that l enjoy gobbling them up, more than one per game. :drool:

My record is three.
It was lunchtime kick off and I arrived early without having any brekkie so I got pie.
I was still a bit peckish at half time so I thought"well it is lunchtime-ish so another pie won't hurt.
Then I stayed behind for a couple of pints and for some reason got another pie,I think it was freezing cold so I wanted something hot to eat with my Harvey's,but i completely forgot about the one I had had when I arrived in the morning.
I have also been known to eat two when I arrive straight from work for an evening kick off.
They really are tasty pies but I have switched to the Harvey's burgers they have sold in recent seasons.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
My record is three.
It was lunchtime kick off and I arrived early without having any brekkie so I got pie.
I was still a bit peckish at half time so I thought"well it is lunchtime-ish so another pie won't hurt.
Then I stayed behind for a couple of pints and for some reason got another pie,I think it was freezing cold so I wanted something hot to eat with my Harvey's,but i completely forgot about the one I had had when I arrived in the morning.
I have also been known to eat two when I arrive straight from work for an evening kick off.
They really are tasty pies but I have switched to the Harvey's burgers they have sold in recent seasons.

I'm sad to say, that l can probably match you with three per game! The filling isn't too important, l love them all, Steak & Ale, Chicken, Ham & Leek, Chicken Balti, any of the guest pies et al.

I fear you may be disappointed tomorrow though, you will probably get your burger, but defo no pint of ale.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Back to the OP's question: looking at the wording

20. If available, please make use of the hawkers/in-seat/click and collect food and drink services to avoid returning to and/or minimising your time on the concourse.

It does say IF AVAILABLE which makes me think it is could just be a generic code of conduct or one that is trying to cover all possible future eventualities.

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
There's no alcohol at all. I would guess this is because it encourages people to stay in the (poorly-ventilated) concourses, due to the ridiculous law that prevents football supporters from taking a beer to their seat.

I would imagine all arrangements being made are to minimise the time people spend in the concourse area.

Pies will be chicken, steak and veggie balti.

It's a shame Covid hasn't brought about a law change enabling beer drinking in view of the pitch while the match is going on.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You weren't FORCED to attend.

Do you have your evening repas at 1900 on the dot each evening?

I was forced...it’s the law.

Yes 7 every night apart from Fridays when we go wild and have dinner at 6:30 or 8

We live on the edge

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As we can’t have booze, will there be hot beverages, or is that not allowed either?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
As we can’t have booze, will there be hot beverages, or is that not allowed either?

As you can take hot drinks to your seats (just not in a flask) they will probably be allowed. The club have said "A limited range of food and non-alcoholic drinks will be available for purchase from the concourse kiosks" which isn't really selling the catering options to me!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here