Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Double page interview with GP in today's MOS

boik

Just further confirmation of what we already know about the man.

You're right though Swanny, it will infuriate the "table doesn't lie" merchants. I think (although nothing is certain) that the future is bright for the Albion.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Would the table still be so unimportant if we were a place lower?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't be arsed to read anything about our manager for now. The only thing I'm remotely interested about now are which players are likely to be off. I couldn't be arsed with the West Ham game and I won't bother with City or Arsenal either. I'm past caring.

This season has been infuriating and frustrating despite the fact we have played some lovely football at times, which means that as a fan I just haven't actually enjoyed it. I don't want another season where we play teams off the park, and either fail to protect a slender lead or fail to score against crap teams. For now, I'm happy to concede that this might not be GP's fault given the way his team tries to play football, that he is as frustrated as we are, and that actually he doesn't seem to have made that many mistakes in fairness, but please just spare me the articles insinuating what a breath of fresh air he is - until his teams can get results that the level of performance apparently deserves.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Really interesting article about a bloke who is a genuine, authentic person who was significantly affected by the tragic loss of his parents and which ensures he always sees everything around him in that context - life is frail and football is fickle.

He may not be the most charismatic manager but he is certainly one of the most honest and I wish him all the success whether here or anywhere else he chooses to go.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Would the table still be so unimportant if we were a place lower?

Right now, nope. Its not the case however.

The gap was 4 points not very long ago. Don't mistake Fulham giving up for us being brilliant.

Ah the classic "the league table matters... except when others are not as good as Brighton; then it is a case of them giving up and it doesnt really count".

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I can't be arsed to read anything about our manager for now. The only thing I'm remotely interested about now are which players are likely to be off. I couldn't be arsed with the West Ham game and I won't bother with City or Arsenal either. I'm past caring.

This season has been infuriating and frustrating despite the fact we have played some lovely football at times, which means that as a fan I just haven't actually enjoyed it. I don't want another season where we play teams off the park, and either fail to protect a slender lead or fail to score against crap teams. For now, I'm happy to concede that this might not be GP's fault given the way his team tries to play football, that he is as frustrated as we are, and that actually he doesn't seem to have made that many mistakes in fairness, but please just spare me the articles insinuating what a breath of fresh air he is - until his teams can get results that the level of performance apparently deserves.

This exactly. I know football is only a game, but the frustration and anger of the way this season has panned out has been
a lot more than I wanted or needed. I don't want another season like this. Please gawd Board don't avoid the bleeding obvious in
team deficiencies this summer. Sort it out or I'll somehow have to detach myself of a match day.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013

Beautiful post.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The gap was 4 points not very long ago. Don't mistake Fulham giving up for us being brilliant.

The gap is now 11 points, surely our players get some credit for getting those points when they too could have given up or choked. Every time Fulham got within closing distance we've found the points to pull us away again. Sure we haven't been brilliant, we've played some nice football tho and really should be higher up the table, but when the pressure has been on we've managed to get a result more often than not.

Last edited:

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Yes I read the article early this morning, thought about making a post about it but decided that the 2.5% Bear Pit posters would take umbridge at it so didn't bother. It's quite a deep perspective of an obviously intelligent man, who unlike lots of high profile managers cares deeply about others.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is the last season for me blindly accepting other people telling me how great GPott is.

I can see that.
I can go along with it.
I can excuse 'if & but' the season, the same as many Albion fans.

But as Sim says:-

For next season I'm done with all of that, I expect Mr Potter to show planet football his greatness.

We've had an odd season with an awful lot of repeated traits, they must be ironed out.
In fairness I'm confident many will be, but I'll be vaulting straight over the fence, not even stopping for a sit down, if they aren't.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
This is the last season for me blindly accepting other people telling me how great GPott is.

I can see that.
I can go along with it.
I can excuse 'if & but' the season, the same as many Albion fans.

But as Sim says:-

For next season I'm done with all of that, I expect Mr Potter to show planet football his greatness.

We've had an odd season with an awful lot of repeated traits, they must be ironed out.
In fairness I'm confident many will be, but I'll be vaulting straight over the fence, not even stopping for a sit down, if they aren't.

It's the Barber way. Really pushes out the messaging about how good we are at every level.

His programme notes yesterday say we haven't had the results our performances deserve, as if poor finishing and inability to handle leads aren't part of our performance.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Really interesting article about a bloke who is a genuine, authentic person who was significantly affected by the tragic loss of his parents and which ensures he always sees everything around him in that context - life is frail and football is fickle.

He may not be the most charismatic manager but he is certainly one of the most honest and I wish him all the success whether here or anywhere else he chooses to go.

Regardless of whether you think he is getting the best out of our players, he comes across as a good bloke

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here