Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New deal with Amex

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
This seems to have gone under the radar but reading Barber’s West Ham programme notes this morning he says a new long term deal has been signed with American Express. Can’t find anything on t’internet about it. Anyone know any details?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
This seems to have gone under the radar but reading Barber’s West Ham programme notes this morning he says a new long term deal has been signed with American Express. Can’t find anything on t’internet about it. Anyone know any details?

I would be happy with that.......long may the association continue. I like The Amex Stadium.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Though we signed a new very long term deal a couple of years ago..........something like 10 or 12 years wasn’t it ?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Though we signed a new very long term deal a couple of years ago..........something like 10 or 12 years wasn’t it ?

Aug 2019 it was announced we'd signed a new 12 year deal worth £100million with Amex for them to sponsor the shirts, ground and training ground. From reading Barber's notes, although the wording isn't clear, I think this is what he is referring to rather than a new deal. I'm fairly certain a new deal over an above the 2019 one would get more than 3 or 4 words towards the end of some notes about the season in a match day program.

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Does anybody actually have or use an American Express card these day, or does American Express make its money from something else.

I never seen anyone using one in Asda or Aldi.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Does anybody actually have or use an American Express card these day, or does American Express make its money from something else.

I’ve got one, it was the best cash back card (at the time anyway).

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

I’ve had one since the Amex opened. Use it all over, including in both Asda and Aldi, there are a few places that don’t accept it, but in the main it serves me just fine. And we get Avios (air miles) with everything I spend, which gives us some decent discounts on flights.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I’ve had one since the Amex opened. Use it all over, including in both Asda and Aldi, there are a few places that don’t accept it, but in the main it serves me just fine. And we get Avios (air miles) with everything I spend, which gives us some decent discounts on flights.

I had one years ago. Expensive to own and restricted use.
As far as I recall, the club shop doesn't accept the card.
When I was a supermarket manager, we didn't accept Amex as they demanded too much commission on transactions.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire

Both me and the wife have the free one with a linked avios rewards scheme. Most places we shop or use take Amex.

With Avios had many a free or cheap flight, even got Gatwick to Alicante £1 return Business class.

The app offers discounts to major retailers too including at the moment buying a 1901 seat and getting 5% cash back

Its a great card and Amex have their hands in many pies not just the card side of things.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Both me and the wife have the free one with a linked avios rewards scheme. Most places we shop or use take Amex.

With Avios had many a free or cheap flight, even got Gatwick to Alicante £1 return Business class.

The app offers discounts to major retailers too including at the moment buying a 1901 seat and getting 5% cash back

Its a great card and Amex have their hands in many pies not just the card side of things.

I’ve got a BA Amex card. £140 a year fee but get a bogof Avios flight every 12 months. Extraordinary value.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
When I was a supermarket manager, we didn't accept Amex as they demanded too much commission on transactions.

Club shop absolutely does accept the card, as do the kiosks, and the ticket website.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

The online version does, and I’d be amazed if any outlet in the Amex stadium didn’t accept Amex - the concourse bars certainly do!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here