Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing the knee - Tuesday

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You sound like one of his henchmen, I dont think its directed at the players I think people are fed up with the whole spectacle at a football match free speech and all that ,have you ever booed the ref or opposition players if so what a nasty person you are !
Regards
DF

You don’t go to matches, so you don’t know what the crowd are thinking. Oh, maybe a few ‘mates’ tell you!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As you didn't report the post (and neither did anyone else) I can only assume you didn't see enough in it either.

I personally don't think NSC should be banning people for what they think

You mods don’t take a hard enough stance on racism on this board. You need to sort it out.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I think you are in danger on both counts.

Being intolerant of hate doesn't make me a bigot or a ****. Maybe you should ask yourself why you think booing an antiracist protest is acceptable.

By the way, post #42 was tongue in cheek (I imagine most don't need that pointing out).

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The bear pit seems to be a safe place for racists.

Indeed.
I got banned many years ago for making a satirical remark about another racist post made by a racist poster. My retort involved the phrase “far too many blacks”, absolutely fine with the ban. It was poking fun at the racist but hey ho
Now we have racists posting under the name Das Reich etc and all the mods do is say “oh well, best off ignoring these people. And if one dare mention someone is being racist the handful of right wing racists on here cry like kicked kittens.

Mods overall do a great job on here but when it comes to racism, they seem to be all at sea. It’s bizarre.

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Being intolerant of hate doesn't make me a bigot or a ****. Maybe you should ask yourself why you think booing an antiracist protest is acceptable.

By the way, post #42 was tongue in cheek (I imagine most don't need that pointing out).

Hate is a very overused word.

Booing is just one way of saying that people may not want the protest to continue in its current guise. It does not make that person a racist per se.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Booing is just one way of saying that people may not want the protest to continue in its current guise. It does not make that person a racist per se.

A non racist who doesn’t want the knee to continue keeps quiet for 15 seconds as they realise it’s important to others.
A racist boos.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Would you feel the same way if someone chose to boo a minute's silence as they didn't like the manner by which the dead person was being remembered?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Would you feel the same way if someone chose to boo a minute's silence as they didn't like the way in which the dead person was being remembered?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Would you feel the same way if someone chose to boo a minute's silence as they didn't like the manner by which the dead person was being remembered?

No. One was an individual real living person. The other is an aspiration.

But if you want to start reading out the name of every single person affected by racism before every match be my guest.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
No. One was an individual real living person. The other is an aspiration.

But if you want to start reading out the name of every single person affected by racism before every match be my guest.

Ok, so booing a campaign to end child abuse or modern day slavery would be ok in your book as long as it was only done as the booers didn't like the method?

I can see the excuses now. "Some of best friends are kids and modern day slaves..."

The fact is the players have committed to making a stand against a serious issue. Even if you think "it's run its course", booing it marks you out as a wrong'un.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here