Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing the knee - Tuesday

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I remember our lot in the North Stand didn’t cover themselves in glory during the early eighties, Vince Hilaire was always subjected to monkey chants!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sadly I remember Chris Hughton receiving the same abhorrent treatment when we played Spurs. Thankfully the game has moved on from those terrible days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
so we should accept racism until footballers pay for better education ???

booing this gesture is just simply a voice in favour of racism.

If multi millionaires (footballers, sports people, celebrities etc. whatever) are all for addressing the scourge of racism, taking the knee is easy, it costs them f.all. This is just talking the talk.

Let’s see the colour of their money, they can fund scholarships and/or other initiatives that would practically assist people that are discriminated against because of racism.

If it’s time for radical change, I need to see more committed support for that change. Kneeling down for 10 seconds before kick off isn’t radical change. You may think they are being brave and noble, they must be laughing up their sleeves when they drive home in their lambos and pimped Range Rovers.

The uber rich and privileged (of whatever colour) are in the position to facilitate change. They don’t really want to pay for it though........which why performers at ballets and operas won’t be kneeling down before hand. The working classes don’t do ballet and operas.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Sadly I remember Chris Hughton receiving the same abhorrent treatment when we played Spurs. Thankfully the game has moved on from those terrible days.

Yep, agreed, now they just need to sort out the mindless homophobia that is directed at us home and away, this has largely been forgotten.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020

I remember that also. The game has moved on massively, and I do feel the knee has lost all its impact and now causes more trouble than it's worth. I think the disliked Mr. Zaha is more clued up than most give him credit for when it comes to this.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I remember that also. The game has moved on massively, and I do feel the knee has lost all its impact and now causes more trouble than it's worth. I think the disliked Mr. Zaha is more clued up than most give him credit for when it comes to this.

And Les Ferdinand.

The owners/directors of Facebook and Twatter could make the biggest difference, if they stopped their cowardly and/or furtive procrastinating.

Jan 30, 2008
Illegal or not, in a private venue you can be kicked out for being a ****..

Have the club made a announcement then ?I couldn't give a monkey's chuff about it as I wont be there ,but it reminds me a bit of the numptys that applaud the away attendance when it's announced
Regards
DF

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Anyone who boos our players for taking a knee deserves to be banned from the albion for a long time.

What a nasty mindset to do this.

Not that I am a particular fan of the knee take anymore or of the players doing so ad infinitum. But they are our players.

Hopefully Barber would throw the book at any goons who boo this.

Jan 30, 2008
Anyone who boos our players for taking a knee deserves to be banned from the albion for a long time.

What a nasty mindset to do this.

Not that I am a particular fan of the knee take anymore or of the players doing so ad infinitum. But they are our players.

Hopefully Barber would throw the book at any goons who boo this.

You sound like one of his henchmen, I dont think its directed at the players I think people are fed up with the whole spectacle at a football match free speech and all that ,have you ever booed the ref or opposition players if so what a nasty person you are !
Regards
DF

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
One of the racist trolls that posted vile things about Jesse Lingard was a 12 year old girl from Taiwan who purported to be a Chelsea fan upset that he had gone to a “ London rival”

Good luck spotting that one in 3billion posts on SM a day!,

Twitter is better than most at suspending accounts if reported.

Jason Hunter has endured a lot of abuse because of his extensive knowledge of foreign trade and Brexit stance but has successfully got six people charged and into court. It’s taken its toll on him, but he was determined.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yep, agreed, now they just need to sort out the mindless homophobia that is directed at us home and away, this has largely been forgotten.

Yet the biggest fighters against it, taking notes to give to the FA, of exact chants, direct abuse etc were abused on Nsc, themselves.
The late Sarah Watts was given an award by the FA for her work in tackling homophobia. I went to her funeral and it was like a Who’s Who of the football world, in church.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here