Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 25 points dropped from winning position

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
It’s an odd stat, that people read a little too negatively.

Remember that in order to drop 25 points, from those positions, you’ve had to actually TAKE the lead in all those games. There are clubs in this league that dream of ever having those leads to throw away...

That's what annoys me most with that stat, you never hear it mentioned how many games we manage to take the lead in, i bet theres not many teams who have a better record than us for that, after all we do actually keep the lead sometimes, more often would be nice admittedly.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

Remember that in order to drop 25 points, from those positions, you’ve had to actually TAKE the lead in all those games. There are clubs in this league that dream of ever having those leads to throw away...

What difference does it make if you take the lead or come from behind, if the end result is still a draw?

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
If that was the only time we'd conceded a few minutes after scoring I'd agree but this is another annoying little pattern that needs to be remedied in the close season.

A lot going on in that goal, a real hash of a clearance but it looked like Webster was taken out and possibly White too, so no pressure on the ball. A lot of Premier League quality players should be able to at least work the keeper from there given time and space.

What’s the pattern, last league game it happened in was Wolves on Jan 02nd. You’re never more vulnerable than when you’ve just scored us a timeless adage because it’s true and not unique to us, just like there’s more goals in the last 10mins as teams take risks, players get tired, more mistakes.

Totally agree need to work on concentration, game management, plus other things like scoring, just not sure there is that much of a pattern.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

...... and some of them are finishing above us.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Part of the problem is also that we have had so many defensive injuries this season that there’s barely a game in the last three months where Potter could bring a defender on to see out a game. I know that’s not the case tonight but could have made a huge difference in some of the games we have dropped points in.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
I like to think of us taking the lead as getting our equaliser in first. Softens the blow when we concede.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Lots of things could have happened to stop that going in.

White originally bangs it against Bissouma. We give the winger a load of time. White rolls around on the floor instead of looking for the block. We give Benrama a load of time on the edge of the box. Sanchez is standing too far to the right.

Not going to criticise the defence generally, (though we didn't do that well). It's the general pedestrian approach to attacking that cost us the chance of 3 points. In this league you have to expect to concede the odd decent strike. You need to get your own good goals.

Anywhere else on the pitch Fornals challenge on both White and Webster is a foul and would have resulted in a free kick for us.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Part of the problem is also that we have had so many defensive injuries this season that there’s barely a game in the last three months where Potter could bring a defender on to see out a game. I know that’s not the case tonight but could have made a huge difference in some of the games we have dropped points in.

We didn't have much on the defensive side to bring on tonight - just Karbownik and no-one else (well, apart from trying to get away with another GK!)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What’s the pattern, last league game it happened in was Wolves on Jan 02nd. You’re never more vulnerable than when you’ve just scored us a timeless adage because it’s true and not unique to us, just like there’s more goals in the last 10mins as teams take risks, players get tired, more mistakes.

Totally agree need to work on concentration, game management, plus other things like scoring, just not sure there is that much of a pattern.

The pattern is 25 points lost from a winning position. If that's not a pattern, there is no such thing as a pattern!

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Its a valid point to make, but perhaps not tonight. We went ahead and ended up with a draw, but from a brilliant Benrahma goal. As we grow and evolve hopefully this is something we address.

DavePage

What a load of tosh! If we converted those winning positions it would of shown how far we have come. We have more than likely gone backwards in league position and points!

Sorry the only Tosh is those gobshites living west of Sussex and there are plenty.

We are Brighton, moving in the right direction, in my opinion.We do not have a divine right to being in the Premier League, I have been watching them for over 55 years and have learnt Brighton over the years, what have we learnt in our second incarnation of the top league?
When dont have the funding of the top ten, which is fine, we are in progress.
backwards in the league position and points, didn’t realize the season was over. But even if this is our points total this year, you have to be blind or a complete **** to not see improvement and exciting way we are progressing.
Waiting for the Blah blah blah, I have been supporting longer than you, if you have you should know better, you know when we have come from and should be supporting the vision of where we are going.

I fully respect however you right to your opinion, but when you truly love something, it hurts personally when someone knocks it.

Always a Brighton supporter Win, Lose or Draw........no matter which league we play in

Brighton till you die?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here