Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Any Carpenters on here?

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
if so bit of advice please.

I’m putting a pergola over a fish pond, and the wood we have is celcured. I know I cant put that over if it’s very fresh in case any chemicals leach out into the pond water.

I’m thinking of putting in a wood stain on the wood, but how long do I have to wait for the wood to become possible to treat. And then will a water based stain work? Am i best to keep the wood indoors or outdoors whilst waiting for the treatment to fully cure/dry?

I’ve tried googling but can’t seem to find what i’m looking for.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’d keep any water based paint/treatment away from newly tanalised sawn timber

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Think you’ve missed a post man.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
if so bit of advice please.

I’m putting a pergola over a fish pond, and the wood we have is celcured. I know I cant put that over if it’s very fresh in case any chemicals leach out into the pond water.

I’m thinking of putting in a wood stain on the wood, but how long do I have to wait for the wood to become possible to treat. And then will a water based stain work? Am i best to keep the wood indoors or outdoors whilst waiting for the treatment to fully cure/dry?

I’ve tried googling but can’t seem to find what i’m looking for.

You are getting confused with U2 there, my advice would be to leave it during this weather as its not a good idea to apply on rainy days (or Mondays)

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Treated timber I tend to leave for a year before thinking of putting anything on.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here