Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our excellent PL record Vs West Ham

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
From the Albion Analytics stats preview - some very encouraging memories of West Ham ( mostly featuring Glen Murray).

Although perhaps tonight is the time this good record has been most under threat, given West Ham's excellent season so far.

Even with our defensive injuries I think it'll be a tepid affair. 0-0 - or 1 nil to the good guys if Izzy comes off the bench :albion2:

Read here:

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2141936/albion-analytics-preview-west-ham-united

We did well in our dead rubber game against Burnley last season so I reckon we’ll be at it tonight, it will just about the usual thing of whether we’ll be accurate enough in both boxes

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Will be a REALLY good result to stop Antonio and a rejuvenated Lingard doing their thing tonight. Might be a next to nothing game for us, but West Ham are still playing for a place in Europe

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We had an excellent record against Wolves, so I hope we don’t implode like last week.

Murray always scored against West Ham, but no longer available so let’s hope Izquierdo gets on the pitch.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
What a way to put a kaibosh on the run continuing…

That having been said it depends what West Ham team turn up. The one from the last three games has been uninspiring but we know what potential they’ve shown this season. I’d bite your hand off for a draw now.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
We had a great record against Wolves too but managed to **** that up.

I'd love the hoodoo to continue over West ham because I want us to finish the season on the up rather than petering out. That said if losing helps ensure West Ham get a European place over one of 'Europe's elite clubs' I can live with it.

I'd rather we won and all west ham's rivals lost though.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
I don't understand all these comments about taking a draw. In our position what is the point of a draw? Let's go out and beat them and move up the table!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't understand all these comments about taking a draw. In our position what is the point of a draw? Let's go out and beat them and move up the table!

Exactly. We don't NEED a draw. In fact it would be useless to both teams. I'm a bit worried about them sitting back and hitting us on the break to be honest and it'll be a hard game but I'm absolutely not settling for a point now. Maybe if it's 1-1 in the 90th minute I will.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Exactly. We don't NEED a draw. In fact it would be useless to both teams. I'm a bit worried about them sitting back and hitting us on the break to be honest and it'll be a hard game but I'm absolutely not settling for a point now. Maybe if it's 1-1 in the 90th minute I will.

West Ham are much more suited to playing a counter-attack style. If we want to win the game, I feel we may have to deliberately sacrifice possession and force them to try and break us down when we're compact. If we act as the protagonist in the game we're likely to get done on the counter. Weird one.

If we can score first then that changes things massively, we can adopt a more counter-attacking style without really needing to overcommit. Only question is if we can deal with direct balls without Dunk...big day for Webster and (less so) White.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We had an excellent record against Wolves, so I hope we don’t implode like last week.

Murray always scored against West Ham, but no longer available so let’s hope Izquierdo gets on the pitch.

Just don't expect the same sort of performance from Izzy as he has given against Wet Sham in the past, he needs games if he is ever going to get back to anything like his best form.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Weirdly l think we may have more chance of winning at the Emirates in the week, or even, dare l say of extracting maximum points against Citeh next Sunday, than we have of beating West Ham.

The Hammers are the one team still with something to play for as they are chasing a European place, whilst the other two are basically just playing out their remaining few games.

With Dunk, Maupay, and Veltman all missing tonight, basically the spine of our team, l fear that a point is the most that we can realistically hope for.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

I’d love us to win of course but saying ‘I’d take a draw’ is not a reflection of holding out for a draw due to what it does for us in the table but a reflection of how I expect the game to pan out… does that help?!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
If we had Dunk I'd be optimistic.

But we don't. So I'm not.

Said the same thing about missing Stephens and Kayal at Hillsborough. No way we can win with a central midfield pairing of Sidders and Norwood...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Weirdly l think we may have more chance of winning at the Emirates in the week, or even, dare l say of extracting maximum points against Citeh next Sunday, than we have of beating West Ham.

The Hammers are the one team still with something to play for as they are chasing a European place, whilst the other two are basically just playing out their remaining few games.

With Dunk, Maupay, and Veltman all missing tonight, basically the spine of our team, l fear that a point is the most that we can realistically hope for.

I need to check the fixture list again!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here