Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are you watching the Cup Final?

Are you watching the Cup Final

• Total voters

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I'll watch it as it should be reasonable football, until I get fed up of the cheating and screaming. Then I'll find something else to do.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
no.

i hate what they have done to the cup final. used to be the centre piece and climax to the football season, so many cracking memories of cup final day. sat in front of the tv all day, all the build up, seeing the teams having breakfast, cup final suits, terrible songs, used to be an all day event, now it is shoe horned in at 5.15pm on the penultimate weekend of the season with matches either side.

what happened to cup final it's a knockout followed by cup final question of sport?!

I am watching it but to be honest I didn't even realize it was on until this morning. The FA are a disgrace games before and after it? Really? They are destroying one of the greatest competitions in the world and an essential part of our culture. As you say once upon a time this was a day when almost everything stopped for the cup final.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Have been redecorating my Office at home and need to do a couple of window frames so I WILL be watching paint dry, after grocery shopping of course...

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I have to oil some worktops, paint some skirting, and hopefully get to play with my new Tig welder . . . All being well walk to dog in the dry, cook a curry and be showered and in bukta stripes by 8 . . .

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It wasn’t that long ago we all clambered for tickets to watch the Albion in a cup semi final, I wonder if all those who scoff at the cup went along?

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
No I won't and to be honest had no clue it was being played today until I heard it mentioned on the news this morning. No interest what so ever.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It wasn’t that long ago we all clambered for tickets to watch the Albion in a cup semi final, I wonder if all those who scoff at the cup went along?

Well l guess it's very different if it is your team who is competing in it, unlike Chelski it isn't often we make an appearance at Wembley.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We’re all Leicester right?

My ex boss and a work colleague are both 'Leicester'. Well, for a gloat, once in a blue moon.

Come on Chelsea.

(I only just remembered who's in the final :facepalm:)

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have to oil some worktops, paint some skirting, and hopefully get to play with my new Tig welder . . . All being well walk to dog in the dry, cook a curry and be showered and in bukta stripes by 8 . . .

Please don’t tell me that you watch Albion games at home on my tv as a full kit wanker :nono:

As a point of interest what’s your other half doing, all the jobs seem to be falling on you!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Yep, twice. One I loved (Highbury) and one (Wembley) made me want to cry/scream :smile:

I found the semi final against City an immense anti climax. Ended up wishing I hadn’t gone :shrug:

I also managed both cup finals with the same reaction as above.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Used to be a big day, going to the offy at 2:30 to get your beer and chocolate, now it is just another game. I can not even think who was in the final last year. I will watch it but no excitement what so ever.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We’re all Leicester right?

Ever since I was a youngster, I supported Brighton, but once we got knocked out of the cup, I wanted the team that knocked us out, to progress. Then whichever team knocked them out etc.
Leicester knocked us out, and I’ve always detested Chelsea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here