Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are you watching the Cup Final?

Are you watching the Cup Final

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m not intending to but if the weather continues to be this shit I just might.

You?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Maybe. Depends if I have something better to do. Like a number 2, or taking stuff to the tip.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What time is the ‘It’s a Knock Out’ on ?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Exactly like the OP, was intending to go out but the lousy weather may make me bored enough to watch it as a preliminary warm-up to the real football later this evening.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Might have it on in the background or might not. The FA Cup is the saddest indictment of modern football for me. Leicester make the final after their reserves beat our reserves in an earlier round. Used to be THE must watch competition. Now only of real interest if we are still involved - and often then, it is a worry that it is a distraction from trying to finish 17th.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
no.

i hate what they have done to the cup final. used to be the centre piece and climax to the football season, so many cracking memories of cup final day. sat in front of the tv all day, all the build up, seeing the teams having breakfast, cup final suits, terrible songs, used to be an all day event, now it is shoe horned in at 5.15pm on the penultimate weekend of the season with matches either side.

what happened to cup final it's a knockout followed by cup final question of sport?!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes.

Once live matches became a regular feature of weekends the Cup Final was never going to be as special as it once was but it's a genuine shame it's not still played at 3pm on the first Saturday after the Premier League has finished. It should be and the rest of the domestic season adjusted accordingly.

The FA Cup is still a special competition and big cup games at the Goldstone (Southampton, Arsenal, Portsmouth and Liverpool twice spring to mind) are some of the greatest parts of that place's history. When fans are back in grounds for good I'd like the Cup to become important again but I'm not holding out any hope.

Just like "I'm not watching England" it seems to have become trendy to denigrate the Cup Final. We really shouldn't be helping out the powers that be with diminishing it.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Undecided. But only because we have family visiting this weekend. We have a lot planned for today but if we happen to be in for any of it will probably watch. I don’t like the KO time but it may suit as between the lunchtime and evening pub slots.

Jimmy Grimble

I had no idea it was on today until I saw this thread. I assume it being on today with 3 games of the season left is Covid related?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Yes, my current other half supports Leicester (I know) so apparently, I'm contractually obliged to share in the excitement and nervousness throughout the day and watch the game hoping her team wins ..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here