Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Ham United *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Albion v West Ham

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 15th May 2021
Kick-off: 20:00 BST
Referee: Andre Marriner
Assistants: Scott Ledger, Simon Long
Fourth Official: Simon Hooper
VAR: Paul Tierney
Additional VAR: Andrew Halliday

TEAM NEWS

Brighton will be without suspended pair Lewis Dunk and Neal Maupay.

Adam Lallana is expected to be available after a calf problem but Joel Veltman and Davy Propper are likely to miss out with calf and ankle injuries respectively.

Declan Rice could return for West Ham, six weeks after damaging his knee while playing for England.

West Ham defender Aaron Cresswell should be fit despite suffering a dead leg against Everton last Sunday.

Angelo Ogbonna and Manuel Lanzini may also feature.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton are undefeated in all seven Premier League meetings, although the last four were draws.
    [*=left]That seven-match winless run is West Ham's worst against any opponent in the Premier League.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton have won three of their past seven home league games, one more than in their previous 23 matches at the Amex Stadium.
    [*=left]They head into the fixture unbeaten in three home matches, taking seven points.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have kept six clean sheets in their nine Premier League home games in 2021.
    [*=left]Albion need five points to eclipse their club record top-flight points tally of 41, set last season.
    [*=left]They have dropped 23 points from winning positions in the Premier League this season.
    [*=left]Danny Welbeck is one short of 50 Premier League goals.
West Ham

• [*=left]West Ham have lost three of their past four league matches - as many defeats as they had suffered in their previous 17 top-flight games.
    [*=left]The Hammers have only won two of their 11 Premier League fixtures on Saturdays this season.
    [*=left]Their eight away league victories this season is just two shy of the club top-flight record.
    [*=left]It's eight league matches without a clean sheet for David Moyes' side.
    [*=left]Michail Antonio has scored 11 goals in his past 13 Premier League away starts.

Graham Potter's West Ham Press Conference

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Earlier on I was looking to this one for 3 points , given our decent results against them. I am less confident now given their resurgence of form, our inconsistency and the suspensions .
I would take a draw , to be honest... but you never know with the Albion. I will spend the day in hope rather than expectation ..and it’s a long time until 8 pm.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Traore last week, Antonio this. Two players who bully and seem to strike panic into what is normally a very solid and composed defence. No Dunk either, could be some watching through fingers moments tonight.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I just hope we have some surprises in the line up and a new face or two on the bench.

As for the game I always feel relaxed playing West Ham. We always do well against them.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I just hope we have some surprises in the line up and a new face or two on the bench.

As for the game I always feel relaxed playing West Ham. We always do well against them.

We always had a good record against Wolves as well , until last week

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
As there's no Official FA Cup Final Thread I thought I'd drop an interesting fact here. Leicester City are the only EPL team never to have won the cup, according to more than one sauce heard on the TV & radio in the last few days.
Meanwhile, another expensive Saturday night where I've got to fork out on a take away in order to keep my TV switched to the football. Tuesday and going to the game will be cheaper including ticket, parking, food and pre match pint in pub.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Looking forward to this given the enforced changes through suspension will be interesting to see the line-up and opportunity for some players to show what they got. Given we are now safe pressure is off just hope they players don’t relax too much otherwise we will get hammered

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Traore last week, Antonio this. Two players who bully and seem to strike panic into what is normally a very solid and composed defence.

Good news though. Antonio is not a bogey player for us, just one goal against us for the Massive in February 2013.

West Ham should be more frightened of us when we bring on Izquierdo on 75mins.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Ham United *** Official Match Thread ***

For the gamblers amongst you, I read yesterday that Sky Bet are offering evens for Bissouma to have 2 shots in the match. It doesn’t matter where they end up, he just has to have 2 shots.

In a match where we’re going to have about 70% possession against a deep, stubborn defence, that’s just printing money isn’t it?!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
As there's no Official FA Cup Final Thread I thought I'd drop an interesting fact here. Leicester City are the only EPL team never to have won the cup, according to more than one sauce heard on the TV & radio in the last few days.
Meanwhile, another expensive Saturday night where I've got to fork out on a take away in order to keep my TV switched to the football. Tuesday and going to the game will be cheaper including ticket, parking, food and pre match pint in pub.

We're epl, when did we win it?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016

Options might include -
Kicking a few kids out of the house (less mouths to feed)
Fish and chips is the only takeaway that you will provide (and they can share a large bag of chips)
Buy them a 2nd TV, and tell them to go and watch whatever dross they want to watch on that while you enjoy the game - sounds like it will be a cheaper option
Reminding them that, as the man of the house and the primary breadwinner, who actually bought the TV (and doubtless pays for the Sky subscription), you will assert your right to watch your programme on your TV whenever it suits you to do so.

Do let us know how you get on :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good news though. Antonio is not a bogey player for us, just one goal against us for the Massive in February 2013.

West Ham should be more frightened of us when we bring on Izquierdo on 75mins.

Traore hasn’t scored that many against us but he has made chances for others, as does Antonio. I hate watching both of them playing against us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here