Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] David Luiz

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
If FCFL becomes the wankpuffins' manager I reckon he would want the bellend there. Another 'glamour' signing for Beaky and a drop of the average stating 11 age for them.

Please make it happen.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Brazilian centre-back David Luiz will leave Arsenal this summer.

The 34-year-old met with club officials on Friday when it was decided to sever ties after two years at Emirates Stadium.

Luiz has made 30 appearances in all competitions this season but the Gunners feel they need to look towards the future after a torrid campaign.

It is not known whether the former Paris St Germain and Chelsea defender intends to remain in England.

Luiz, who joined from London rivals Chelsea for £8m in August 2019, has missed Arsenal's last three games with a hamstring injury.

Could do a job...[/QUOTE]

Macdonalds?...oh that’s a bit unfair on them

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
It's funny the things that make you dislike players, and shape your view of them. The thing that always defines David Luiz to me, was when he was playing for Chelsea and they played Brentford in an FA Cup game. Brentford were League 1, there was about 15 mins to go, Chelsea were 4-0 up and Luiz elbowed a 19 year old Brentford player in the face knocking him out. I've always just thought, what a nasty peice of work he was. Not saying there's a good time to elbow someone in the face, but it was so unnecessary, he clearly just wanetd to do that.

Jimmy Grimble

It's funny the things that make you dislike players, and shape your view of them. The thing that always defines David Luiz to me, was when he was playing for Chelsea and they played Brentford in an FA Cup game. Brentford were League 1, there was about 15 mins to go, Chelsea were 4-0 up and Luiz elbowed a 19 year old Brentford player in the face knocking him out. I've always just thought, what a nasty peice of work he was. Not saying there's a good time to elbow someone in the face, but it was so unnecessary, he clearly just wanetd to do that.

Seeing him cry in the World Cup after they got rumped by Germany was pretty funny.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
He’s shit.

100% agree. Wouldn't want him anywhere our club. Is the first post on this thread a wind up or something? My Chelsea mate was laughing his head off when Luiz went to Arsenal and my Arsenal mate was very happy when Luiz stopped playing regularly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Anyone else find it a bit surreal that a famous player like this would be a disappointing signing?

I know what you mean but, no. I was a bit saddened when we signed Lallana, and largely uninterested when we signed Wellbeck.

Contrast that with the excitement when we signed Ali J :eek::mad:

When I was much younger I thought that liebfraumilch was very nice wine :nono:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Ffs :ffsparr: why would we take a defender who cant defend. One of the most overrated players of our time. The world cup semi final summed it up perfectly.

Exactly. When he left Chelsea my Chelsea-supporting STH mate summed it up perfectly "It makes our defence better and makes Arsenal's worse. What's not to like?"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He's in the right age bracket for Palace:

Luiz2.jpg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
34 years old ? You've gotta be joking! What about the youngsters coming through the ranks? they're the future the club, David Luiz certainly is not.

This, and there are all sorts of other reasons why he wouldn't be suitable for us too.

Unlike many others on here, l do rate him though, especially when he is going forward.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I love this thread. I have been in hysterics reading some of the comments. Yes, he is half decent going forward, although he does nothing that Webster and Dunk can't do except for the occasional free kick. His defending is absolutely woeful though. A total bottle job who does his best to get out of the way of anyone running at him or any shot fired in his general direction.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Not sure he can become the 20 goal a season forward we need, so a no from me.

Well 20 goals a season obviously not, because he is a centre back first and foremost. Still capable of matching Dunky's 5 goals in a season though, so in a team with an absolute dearth of goals that could be an advantage.

That said though he isn't for us, would cost far too much wages wise, and at 34 he is can hardly be looked upon as a good bet for the future. It wouldn't put out a good sign to the youngsters coming through either.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
OP here! Quite a mixed reaction, split almost down the middle in terms of who'd want him at the Albion. I'm on the fence myself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here