Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Greatest YouGov poll ever - what animal could you beat in a fight?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In fairness to the responders although the question clearly states "unarmed" it says nothing about fully grown adult

I reckon I could take down a baby elephant.

4nwu0x44fpx41.jpg

If that doesn't win me today's award for:-

'The Most Disturbing Post' someone has issues

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Little known fact that after Mosquitos, Hippopotamus kill more humans than any other wild animal.
Bet if it was on that list there would still some fruit-cake that would like to take one on unarmed and think they could beat it.
Not a chance - Ha!

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I notice that more Men than Women believe they can take on a King Cobra and win. But in this video, a rather attractive young lady takes care of snake business without even putting her handbag down, genius.

https://youtu.be/ITnr_9W9A-c
The secret to dealing with cobras is being calm.
The cobra is so sensitive to chemical changes in other animals means that any fear,anger,panic etc will cause the cobra to attack.
Some Buddhists and Hindu masters perform the cobra test,and will sit with cobras and not be bitten to prove that they are in a state of such calm,the cobras do not perceive them as a threat or prey.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I just had a thought about what I said about Buddhist monk's and Hindu yogi's sitting with cobras.
If anyone reads that,then please don't attempt it as it takes decades of dedicated yoga and meditation practices to achieve that level of calmness.
Apologies I should have mentioned that on the original post and it was too late to edit the post.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I just had a thought about what I said about Buddhist monk's and Hindu yogi's sitting with cobras.
If anyone reads that,then please don't attempt it as it takes decades of dedicated yoga and meditation practices to achieve that level of calmness.
Apologies I should have mentioned that on the original post and it was too late to edit the post.

Too late. I've already rolled out my mat and the cobras are warming up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We now have a follow up:-

Yougov.png

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
How much of that is because they're American and have never heard of these creatures, except maybe in cartoons?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here