Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Fobbed off / P**sed off with Customer Services

Ive been practically screaming on a live chat session the last few weeks after waiting for a response to a dispute ive now raised 3 times over a 5 week period. All i ever get back on the chat is "Its with the 'relevant department'" but they wont say who that is nor give me direct contact details and no time line, other than "We hope to respond within EIGHT WEEKS - WTF!"

They finally came back to me today. and this is their reply:

"Dear Mr (x). With reference to you recent chat messages with our live support , we have concluded our investigations and found no fault. We consider this matter closed."

Thats it!. No explanation what they have done, no right to reply or challenge, not even a polite "if we can be of help in the future..."

B*stards..

This seems to be becoming more common now where they either put self-important people on the front-line who give the impression they make all the decisions, or in my case the other extreme where the reps are nothing more than message takers and are there as a barriers to prevent the actual decision makers having to face negative feedback. I followed up the above mail by going back to the live chat and all i got back was the usual "bollox" that they are "sorry this wasnt the expected outcome, but there is nothing i can do to override the decision". i told her to "do one" a closed the chat which i guess in hindsight is not really her fault because she is paid NOT to help people and frustrate anyone who might cost them money

aaaaaaaaarrrrrghh.

No doubt there are 1000s of you with similar stories ? :(

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
No guarantee that you’ve actually engaged with a human being, likely to be a bot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Try telling the O2 chatbot that their online payment system is wrongly rejecting multiple payments from different bank cards.

Their helpful advice is that you can pay online.

*rolls eyes*.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I got a similar runaround trying to claim back some out of pocket expenses from one of the big American health insurance companies. As you say these people are paid to not help or in this case not pay legitimate expenses. Unfortunately she hadn't reckoned on the bloody mindedness of the Brits ! It became a personal vendetta. Their default position was just to say no. I got some help from someone in our HR department who told me all about their little tricks and how to circumvent them. Eventually I managed to get the money I was due, but it always makes me wonder how many people just give up. It really is outrageous that these people just get away with this kind of behaviour.

All I can say is keep going and good luck

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You need to change your name. Mr x is very off putting. ???

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I feel your pain, these ********s make it as hard as possible to contact them!

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Spare a thought for me

My Dad was having an issue with his neighbour downstairs because he had accidentally flooded him due to a Faulty drain in his bathroom.

To try and resolve this I though I would write an email to my Dad's MP to try and get him involved to help diplomatic relations between them both. So after producing a nice well mannered well written email and sent it off to his MP.

After it had gone I decided to Google my Dad's MP and came across this about him;

Controversies

In April 2020, a video emerged on a Rangers supporters Facebook group of Bonnar arguing with one of his neighbours. Bonnar had hung a Celtic F.C. towel across one of his windows on the day that Celtic were declared Scottish Premiership winners during the COVID-19 pandemic and was confronted by a neighbour. In the video, the neighbour asked Bonnar, "What's that about in your window...the Celtic flag?...is there any need?...you're supposed to be a councillor."[5][12][13] Bonnar responded angrily to the comment, saying: "What about it? I'm not a councillor. I'm a ****ing MP. Aye, it's needed. What's it got to do with you? It's my house." The neighbour then called Bonnar a "mug", to which Bonnar reacted "I'll take you down the park anytime you ****ing want".[14][15] Scotland was under lockdown due to the pandemic,[16] with Bonnar stopping a few metres away from his neighbour, which seemed to stop any further escalation. Bonnar later argued he was decorating during the working week and the flag was to cover the window for a short period of time, claiming that he was "drawn into" the confrontation.[5][17] The SNP offered an official apology on Bonnar's behalf:

I regret being drawn into a dispute with a neighbour and reacting hastily to comments made.

In May 2020, Police Scotland made further inquiries into the incident between Bonnar and his neighbour. On 14 May, they were both charged in connection with a street disturbance. A statement from Police Scotland stated it would be submitted to the Procurator Fiscal.[18]

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I must be the unluckiest person on the planet as no matter what time I try to contact a company it's always when they are experiencing 'a high volume of calls'.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am sympathetic, I really am, and would probably be more so if I knew who you are complaining about.

I just thought his MP could play ''Peacemaker'' between my Dad and his neighbour.

Then after reading how the MP responded to a dispute with his own neighbour by offering to '' fight him in the park anytime ''

It wasn't the best choice of ''Peacemaker'' especially given my Dad is 83 years old

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It once took me nine months to sort out a billing issue with BT. Each time it was being looked into.

I then got a call from someone at BT who offered a settlement at half the bill total.

It was clear he was offering to write the bill off if I paid it to him....

He realised I was onto what he was doing and brought the call to an end, writing off the whole amount.

I informed BT of what happened and they never got back to me.

Thus a bill of hundreds of pounds was written off and never paid in the end.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Whatever it is I’m against it.

Jul 7, 2003
I raised a formal complaint with Virgin Media. Every time their responses start with "We tried to ring you about the result of your recent complaint but we couldn’t get through" - and yet I have no missed calls on either my land line or mobile. Anyone who was cynical might think they were lying b@stards trying to avoid speaking to me.

After four attempts, they still haven't answered my complaint properly.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I raised a formal complaint with Virgin Media. Every time their responses start with "We tried to ring you about the result of your recent complaint but we couldn’t get through" - and yet I have no missed calls on either my land line or mobile. Anyone who was cynical might think they were lying b@stards trying to avoid speaking to me.

Escalate?

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Ive been practically screaming on a live chat session the last few weeks after waiting for a response to a dispute ive now raised 3 times over a 5 week period. All i ever get back on the chat is "Its with the 'relevant department'" but they wont say who that is nor give me direct contact details and no time line, other than "We hope to respond within EIGHT WEEKS - WTF!"

They finally came back to me today. and this is their reply:

"Dear Mr (x). With reference to you recent chat messages with our live support , we have concluded our investigations and found no fault. We consider this matter closed."

Thats it!. No explanation what they have done, no right to reply or challenge, not even a polite "if we can be of help in the future..."

This seems to be becoming more common now where they either put self-important people on the front-line who give the impression they make all the decisions, or in my case the other extreme where the reps are nothing more than message takers and are there as a barriers to prevent the actual decision makers having to face negative feedback. I followed up the above mail by going back to the live chat and all i got back was the usual "bollox" that they are "sorry this wasnt the expected outcome, but there is nothing i can do to override the decision". i told her to "do one" a closed the chat which i guess in hindsight is not really her fault because she is paid NOT to help people and frustrate anyone who might cost them money

aaaaaaaaarrrrrghh.

No doubt there are 1000s of you with similar stories ? :(

You don’t say who the complaint is with. If it is with a company that the Ombudsman review applies to, then lodge the complaint with them. You can only do it after a certain period of time (6 weeks) if the complaint is unresolved. They don’t like that as it is officially recorded....

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

I'd love to tell you what I know about VM. Sadly, it's all libellous. Suffice it to say, you will get a better response talking to the wall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here