Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mathew Sorinola

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/s...ace-for-long-term-service-of-efl-starlet/amp/

I’m a bit confused about this one, have we singed him, have Union singed him, has anyone singed him?

Isnt it pretty clear if you read it?

It is a rumour - "a source has exclusively revealed to Football League World" - and if the rumour is true, he is signing for Brighton but going on loan to Union - "will play for Royale Union Saint-Gilloise in 2021/22 in Belgium before linking up with Brighton from 2022 onwards".

edit: Apparently might be a wee bit more complicated with TB possibly abusing the system a little bit.

Last edited:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Looking at their forum, they think USG have signed him to get around paying compensation that we would have to pay.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Search on Twitter shows the Old Firm interested. Usual Chinese Whispers by the look of it.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Looking at their forum, they think USG have signed him to get around paying compensation that we would have to pay.

If this is true and we’d done it to any other club lower down the pyramid I’d be annoyed, but Franchise FC, **** em.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Seems to be the case that USG are signing him on a three year deal, same as the young Chelsea striker Marcel Lewis they signed earlier this week.

Also talk of a couple of Albion youngsters going on loan.

It seems that despite all the denials about links TB is going to use USG as an Albion B team and if any of these youngsters make it they will be on their way to the Amex.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seems to be the case that USG are signing him on a three year deal, same as the young Chelsea striker Marcel Lewis they signed earlier this week.

Also talk of a couple of Albion youngsters going on loan.

It seems that despite all the denials about links TB is going to use USG as an Albion B team and if any of these youngsters make it they will be on their way to the Amex.

The only reason for buying the club, in the first place.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The only reason for buying the club, in the first place.

Indeed.

And I do hope nobody posts 'well, Tony didn't say when he bought the club this was part of his plans'. Followed by 'The club doesn't tell us anything these days. Football isn't the same anymore'. ???

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I think he'll fit right in...

Screenshot 2021-05-14 095842.png

https://www.mkdons.com/teams/first-team/defender/matthew-sorinola/

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
There’s going to be more like this.

Tony will be buying them for USG and if they pass the test there Brighton get a free player essentially. This will also help for any work permit shenanigans.

There’s another young Chelsea lad out of contract being talked about going to USG this summer.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
There’s going to be more like this.

Tony will be buying them for USG and if they pass the test there Brighton get a free player essentially. This will also help for any work permit shenanigans.

There’s another young Chelsea lad out of contract being talked about going to USG this summer.

Hopefully, this should see us being able to take punts on League One players like Toney rather than throwing them into a Premier League squad too early.

I wonder if a season in the Belgium 1st division would be too low of a level for Connolly, Karbo or Zeqiri?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

This isn't true. It's just a different system. It's more of a fixed rate if you transfer overseas than an agreed amount between clubs due to FIFA's guidelines.

Training compensation is due when: a professional is transferred between clubs of two different associations (whether during or at the end of his contract) before the end of the season of his 23rd birthday.
As a general rule, to calculate the training compensation due to a player’s former club(s), it is necessary to take the costs that would have been incurred by the new club if it had trained the player itself.

Using a calculator it looks as though we will have paid somewhere in the region of £420,000 for Sorinola. £240,000 to Fulham and £180,000 to MK Dons.

Apart from having a fixed fee over an agreed (and potentially going to a tribunal) fee, the real difference between us signing him and USG signing him is in timing. Players can sign a new contract with teams abroad from January 1st whereas domestically they have to wait until their contract has ended (officially). We know that we reportedly were interested in Jan, and so were Leeds and West Ham. Through USG we are able to offer stability, with a pathway to the Premier League, to a young player in an uncertain time that domestic clubs are not able to.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I wonder if a season in the Belgium 1st division would be too low of a level for Connolly, Karbo or Zeqiri?

Possibly, but if they do well, and in the case of Connolly and Zeqiri, they bag a hat full of goals, it will do their confidence an amazing amount of good.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
edit: Apparently might be a wee bit more complicated with TB possibly abusing the system a little bit.

I know you are no fan of our club and are only here as the Potter fanboy but suggesting that Mr Chairman is "abusing the system" is a step too far.

That's the kind of comment I would only expect from the thickos up the road.

You have heard about the internet and the way it operates haven't you? That kind of rumour and speculation can quickly get out of hand.

Present evidence that Mr Chairman is "abusing the system" or retract and apologise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here