Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Britain's Best Breakfast - Teenage Brighton Fan cycling for charity

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Bit late to the party I'm afraid small donation sent. Good luck Jeremy I'm sure everyone is so proud of you. I'm sure i can speak for all on here who echo we are all proud of you, young man. :clap2:

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Wow. I just had a look at his fundraising page.
He’s raised over £25,000, more than 1000% of his target of £2,500.
Well done young man:bowdown::clap::cheery:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Hi All,

Not a big poster in here but love to read the discussion. I'm a 19-year-old called Jeremy who used have season ticket with my late dad. This club still remains so important to me and some of my happiest memories with my dad were following Brighton on the road.

In April 2017, my Mum, Clare, was diagnosed with motor neurone disease. The disease meant that she was eventually unable to walk, move her arms, hold her head up unassisted, eat or drink though her mouth or even speak. While not really understanding the gravity of the situation at first, as my Mum quickly lost her independence, life became incredibly tough for us all. To add more fuel on the fire, my Dad, Giles, was then diagnosed with a brain tumour in late 2017. This left me and my sister in complete shock and despair as, at the start of the year, all was absolutely fine, and by November both our parents were terminally ill with conditions that aggressively attacked the body.

Devastatingly in September 2018 my Dad passed away and after battling bravely with MND for two years, my Mum passed away in 2019. Finishing school made it tough to properly grieve my parents as life was just so busy and school was naturally an escapist environment. Once covid hit and exams were cancelled, it really gave me the ability to catch my breath and perhaps plan some adventures before university.

When my Dad's brain begun to shut down, football remained a real common language and while he couldn't always remember what he had for lunch he did manage to remember there's only one Glenn Murray.

A bit further down the line, I've found myself with a real urge to raise some money for both the MND Association and the Brain Tumour Charity, who lead research into my parents' conditions. On Monday I'm setting off on my bike with a tent and a couple of essential items in search of the best breakfast this nation has to offer! It's a challenge I would never have seen myself undertaking this time last year, but, with a bike to my disposal and life in Britain opening up again, all seemed like a brilliant way to raise money for two charities incredibly close to my heart.

You can find out a little bit more about my challenge here and I live over in Kent but I'll travelling along the South Coast up until the New Forest so any breakfast recommendations would be much appreciated! You can find out a little bit more about the challenge here... https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/TourdeFullEnglish

Just seen this and donated... well done.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I was reminded of this thread last night when [MENTION=35013]SeagullsD123[/MENTION] was featured on the local BBC news last night. A fantastic achievement Jeremy – I've chucked a bit more money in the pot. Great fundraising :thumbsup:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Made a donation to this excellent cause. Best of luck with this and in the future.

SeagullsD123

Dec 29, 2016
Hi everyone, thanks a million for all the support over the challenge. 2552 miles later have arrived home safely after 8 weeks on the road! The fundraising for the Brain Tumour Charity and the MND Association has also now surpassed £30,000. When I the wrote that message on NSC at the start of the challenge, I would never have thought that the two charities would get this much publicity and support. Thanks so much for all your messages, shares and donations. It all means the absolute world!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Hi everyone, thanks a million for all the support over the challenge. 2552 miles later have arrived home safely after 8 weeks on the road! The fundraising for the Brain Tumour Charity and the MND Association has also now surpassed £30,000. When I the wrote that message on NSC at the start of the challenge, I would never have thought that the two charities would get this much publicity and support. Thanks so much for all your messages, shares and donations. It all means the absolute world!

Hero :bowdown:

I’m sure your mum and dad would be immensely proud of the challenge you have completed in their memory and the fantastic sum of money you have raised for the causes that mean so much to you and so many others.

All the very best for university and whatever you future holds. I hope you continue to stick around on NSC.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
I hope and trust that the Albion will roll you out before kick off or half time for a full run down on the tour. Inspiring.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Jeremy's initial target: £2,500

Current total (incl. Gift Aid): Just shy of forty grand.

:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here