Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Blimey what a rough time you've had.

Chucked you a score. Good luck young man.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SeagullsD123 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Hi All,

Not a big poster in here but love to read the discussion. I'm a 19-year-old called Jeremy who used have season ticket with my late dad. This club still remains so important to me and some of my happiest memories with my dad were following Brighton on the road.

In April 2017, my Mum, Clare, was diagnosed with motor neurone disease. The disease meant that she was eventually unable to walk, move her arms, hold her head up unassisted, eat or drink though her mouth or even speak. While not really understanding the gravity of the situation at first, as my Mum quickly lost her independence, life became incredibly tough for us all. To add more fuel on the fire, my Dad, Giles, was then diagnosed with a brain tumour in late 2017. This left me and my sister in complete shock and despair as, at the start of the year, all was absolutely fine, and by November both our parents were terminally ill with conditions that aggressively attacked the body.

Devastatingly in September 2018 my Dad passed away and after battling bravely with MND for two years, my Mum passed away in 2019. Finishing school made it tough to properly grieve my parents as life was just so busy and school was naturally an escapist environment. Once covid hit and exams were cancelled, it really gave me the ability to catch my breath and perhaps plan some adventures before university.

When my Dad's brain begun to shut down, football remained a real common language and while he couldn't always remember what he had for lunch he did manage to remember there's only one Glenn Murray.

A bit further down the line, I've found myself with a real urge to raise some money for both the MND Association and the Brain Tumour Charity, who lead research into my parents' conditions. On Monday I'm setting off on my bike with a tent and a couple of essential items in search of the best breakfast this nation has to offer! It's a challenge I would never have seen myself undertaking this time last year, but, with a bike to my disposal and life in Britain opening up again, all seemed like a brilliant way to raise money for two charities incredibly close to my heart.

You can find out a little bit more about my challenge here and I live over in Kent but I'll travelling along the South Coast up until the New Forest so any breakfast recommendations would be much appreciated! You can find out a little bit more about the challenge here... https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/TourdeFullEnglish
      Bloody hell Jeremy, that's an awful lot to deal with at such a young age – you and your sister deserve a tonne of admiration as well as support!

Do you have a Twitter account? That would be one way to help raise a load of money, spread the word of your challenge and also get some decent breakfast recommendations.

Bit random, but I'm quite partial to breakfast from Cotê and McDonalds – although rarely on the same day.

Massive good luck and I'll follow the journey with interest.
      Members The Andy Naylor Fan Club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Small donation added. Good luck with your challenge.
      When you are out and about, if you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours.

0 Not allowed!
      More (pedal) power to you, Jeremy - good luck - a brilliant thing to be doing
      Diamond formation? Does anyone really know what that is? I mean, at least you knew where you were with Alf Ramsey's wingless wonders. You know? 4-4-2, 4-2-4, 4-3-3... 0898 654000, freephone double glazing?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SeagullsD123 View Post
      Yeah that would be ideal - thanks for all the help
      Done and chucked you some cash too. All the best
      Self appointed supreme leader of the racist finder generals.

"You buried VAR with full military honours" - Henry Winter
      Sex Panther

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sheebo View Post
      Jeremy - so sorry to hear your story. One thing I will say about this great forum is, despite the petty differences in opinion we all divulge in, there are a number of great people in this family, who always look after one of their own. If ever you’re feeling down or lonely and want to reach out to ‘strangers’ pls pls pls TALK to people on here. It’s a place you can be honest and air your feelings without judgement and with support. Stay strong brother.
      I’d absolutely echo this. My inbox is always open to anyone struggling or just in need of a chat.

0 Not allowed!
      Good luck Jeremy

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Thomas View Post
      Really moved by your story. Good luck with the cycle. I've made a small donation.
      Thanks mate much appreciated

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Petunia View Post
      A little something donated from the other side of the world.

Good luck young man.
      Much appreciated!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by A1X View Post
      Hugely moving story, and an inspirational idea to raise money. Good luck with it sir.
      Thanks a million mate