Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Close season manager merry go round.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just read about it in the Athletic. Sacked after his post match interview where he spoke from the heart but ultimately said too much. Seemed very down and could not explain the poor form other than highlighting some problems within the squad. The art of diplomacy not a strong characteristic for Mr Hill it seems.

I quite like Keith Hill .....right /wrong decision..we shall see.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Think there wont be that much movement.

Roy is probably going to stay on for another year at Palace. Cant see him end his 45 year career (unless his health is failing somehow) with a season with no crowds, so a final year for him.

Rafa Benitez is going to end up in one club or another. Spurs, maybe Arsenal if Arteta feels enough is enough.

Could see Nuno Santos walk as well. He's been looking pretty tired all season and could probably get a nice job in Spain, Italy or Portugal.

Ralph Hassenhuttl... probably 50/50. If he got a decent option somewhere I think he's going.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Spurs. Simone Inzaghi seems to be the favourite, can't say I know too much about him.
Palace. Roy will retire at the end of the season. I think Palace will look to the Championship, Thomas Frank may be looking for a new challenge if he doesn't win promotion.
I think there wont be a change at Newcastle, Southampton and Burnley. I'm not convinced that any of these clubs could have done any better with a different manager.

Very odd that Celtic haven't announced Howe as their manager yet. Maybe waiting for the end of the season or maybe still looking around

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
It looks like Eddie Howe to Celtic will happen, and I'm pleased about that because I think he might have done well at Palace.

I've just read a Football365 article about why they think Palace would be mad to offer the job to Lampard and I tend to agree with them. Dealing with the inevitable Zaha circus plus agents of 17 out of contract players, bringing in a minimum of 6 or 7 new signings, having a focused pre-season with all the Covid protocols and simply trying to emulate the remarkable job Hodgson did will be a tall order for the former Blues man.

I haven't got a clue who Spurs are going to sign but Parker would be an awful appointment, I don't think the time is right for Potter either.

I understand Tommy Elphick may be on his coaching team as well, which is a good starting point for TE in the next phase of his career.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Curbishly, really? I’ve got a lot of respect for him as one of our ex-players and he did a great job managing Charlton but wasn’t that bout 20 years ago? Surely
Being out of management for so long surely eventually he’ll stop getting linked with jobs?

Crodo never makes serious posts on football related threads. Hence my reply about Souey.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp left Liverpool in the near future. Terrible season, a team in need of an overhaul. He may not have the stomach for it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp left Liverpool in the near future. Terrible season, a team in need of an overhaul. He may not have the stomach for it.

Oh l can't see Klippity-Klopp going anywhere, he seems to enjoy managing Liverpool, and their fans certainly love him.

A poor season by their own very high standards maybe, but still with a chance of making the Champions League for next season.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Are you familiar with Everton's fan board or are you planning to hang around? Are you still a regular on the Swans board?

GP is not going anywhere.

Not a regular on the Swans board any more no. Never really was to the same extent as here.

I'd be infinitely more likely to hang around at a Everton board than some Spurs equivalent though... far more likable club.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon Pardew only wants to to go back so he get get off with a couple of the Crystals....

How could they fail to fall for such a smooth operator?

tenor.gif

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It looks like Eddie Howe to Celtic will happen, and I'm pleased about that because I think he might have done well at Palace.

I've just read a Football365 article about why they think Palace would be mad to offer the job to Lampard and I tend to agree with them. Dealing with the inevitable Zaha circus plus agents of 17 out of contract players, bringing in a minimum of 6 or 7 new signings, having a focused pre-season with all the Covid protocols and simply trying to emulate the remarkable job Hodgson did will be a tall order for the former Blues man.

I haven't got a clue who Spurs are going to sign but Parker would be an awful appointment, I don't think the time is right for Potter either.

It looks like he isn’t going to Celtic [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
How could they fail to fall for such a smooth operator?

View attachment 137250

To this day I don't understand:

1. What happened in his head to conjure this up as an idea
2. Having that idea and then thinking "yeah, there's no way this can look stupid"
3. How he hasn't died of embarrassment in the middle of it.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
To this day I don't understand:

1. What happened in his head to conjure this up as an idea
2. Having that idea and then thinking "yeah, there's no way this can look stupid"
3. How he hasn't died of embarrassment in the middle of it.

He was probably pissed - Don't think I have ever seen him sober.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So Spurs, Wolves, probably Everton and Celtic looking for new managers.....Palace's options dwindling by the day.

Dream scenario:

Southgate gets his marching orders post-Euros
Palace snap him up
First game of next season Dunk heads in a last minute winner then runs to celebrate in front of him

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Crystal Palace opened talks with former Wolverhampton boss Santo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here