Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Fight of the century: The Gypsy King v AJ in Saudi Arabia.....

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
So it has been announced after long and protracted negotiations that the fight the whole country wants to see is.....
In bloody Saudi Arabia....

What a shambles, these two fights will make enough money that even their kids and family would have spending in several lifetimes, yet....
The lure of a few dollars more, actually makes these two icons for differing reasons seem greedy and not care about the british sport loving public..
What better place than to showcase British boxing talent to the world...

After a world wide pandemic surely this wrong.

#TeamGypsyKIng

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Wait until you see the PPV cost!

:ohmy:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I want AJ to win but I just can’t see him landing a meaningful blow. Fury is a phenomenal boxer.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Building a new stadium for it. Be interesting to see how many die getting that sorted in time for August.

But as long as AJ, Fury and Hearn etc get paid well who cares..

Effin disgrace

dandanthebrightonfan

Jan 29, 2012
BN14
AJ and Hearn have spent the last 5 years avoiding anyone who may lay a glove on him ( unfortunately Ruiz did :lolol: ) time to earn your millions AJ, personally think Fury will have to much ammo for him to handle, but don't be surprised if it's extremely close and a rematch will be on for next year :facepalm:
As for it being in Saudi Arabia, if I was getting my head knocked off I would want the most money available where every that maybe.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
AJ and Hearn have spent the last 5 years avoiding anyone who may lay a glove on him ( unfortunately Ruiz did :lolol: ) time to earn your millions AJ, personally think Fury will have to much ammo for him to handle, but don't be surprised if it's extremely close and a rematch will be on for next year :facepalm:
As for it being in Saudi Arabia, if I was getting my head knocked off I would want the most money available where every that maybe.

That's true. Billy Joe Saunders suffered a broken cheekbone in 3 places and fractures to his eye socket in his recent bout. I would be trying to get as much money as possible as well.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm not sure that Fury should be fighting at all given his mental health. In 50 year's time people will look back at Boxing and think " Why on earth did they allow that "?

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Disgraceful it’s not at Wembley really.

Would love to see AJ knock that tossers lights out.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'm not sure that Fury should be fighting at all given his mental health. In 50 year's time people will look back at Boxing and think " Why on earth did they allow that "?

Fury's mental health seems fine to me now. He looks as healthy as ever. He's a character, right up there with the best them. Enjoy him.

Stupid location for the fight.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
He looks okay here:

[tweet]1393985791903387648[/tweet]

I can't help but like the pillock.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Assume this will be indoors unlike previous fights in Diriyah. August in Riyadh will be roasting although not humid as it's located inland.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So it has been announced after long and protracted negotiations that the fight the whole country wants to see is.....
In bloody Saudi Arabia....

What a shambles, these two fights will make enough money that even their kids and family would have spending in several lifetimes, yet....
The lure of a few dollars more, actually makes these two icons for differing reasons seem greedy and not care about the british sport loving public..
What better place than to showcase British boxing talent to the world...

After a world wide pandemic surely this wrong.

#TeamGypsyKIng

Some of the greatest heavyweight title fights of all time took place on PPV in some of the unlikeliest of places

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
AJ for me, he is the peoples champion.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Assume this will be indoors unlike previous fights in Diriyah. August in Riyadh will be roasting although not humid as it's located inland.

It will be humid. The coastal cities like Jeddah get some relief from sea breeze, but in August even that’s pretty much irrelevant. It’s just hot hot hot. 50 degrees is not uncommon. There’s absolutely no way this could be outdoors, beyond possibly some kind of hybrid indoor/outdoor space with AC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here