Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Cinematic vistas while experiencing the humdrum

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Tokyo by day has a face that only its mother could love but by night, by night it's transformed into a neon lit paradise. Especially in the rain when the surfaces gain a glowing reflective sheen and the neon lights shimmer like a premonition of heaven.

Today, while walking to the station Pictures Of You by The Cure, came on my headphones as I trudged through the rain and as the glorious two or three minutes of the introduction played out it dawned on me that walking through the neon lit Shinjuku streets was a moment that could be drawn straight from a movie. Beautiful it was and put an extra spring in my step.

It looked a little like this:

DHaOoI_UAAEiogZ.jpg
ce05ec262df956287e0034cfb1159b44.jpg

My question to you NSC is when have you experienced a moment of cinematic beauty while going about the mundane acts of every day life?

Last edited:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I remember someone threw up 5 minutes into "Man bites Dog" a few years ago. A sort of
technicolour yawn. It sounded like someone dropping a deck of playing cards on the cinema
floor.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I've never been to Tokyo but sometimes, in pictures, it looks like a migraine made manifest.

That's not to say those aren't beautiful, but it must be something of a sensory overload at times.

To answer the question - my first experience with "party chemicals" occurred at a festival just as the sun was setting and I don't think I've ever seen anything more astonishing in my life.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
View attachment 136712

I had a lost in translation moment

n, n, n, n, n, n, n, y, n, n, n, n, n, n, n, n, n ,n, n, n, n, n, n, n, n,n, n, n, n, n, n, n, n, n ,n, n, n, n, n, n, n, n,n, n, n, n, n, n, n, n, n ,n, n, n, n, n, n, n, n,n, n, n, n, n, n, n, n, n ,n, n, n, n, n, n, n, n.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Out for our daily walk. An army of Orcs are just about to sweep in and burn everything. Or Carey Mulligan will come along and start excavating. (Just to make it a bit more cinematic.)

EOS6D2-20210502-0082-Pano.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here