Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Giroud

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
A fading force, no pace, but a gay icon. It's a tough one, if we are looking at signing up a Chelsea striker it's a no brainer, we should be moving heaven and earth to sign Tammy.

Personally, I'd move heaven and earth to build a wall to stop Tammy coming. Quote me all the stats you like, but I think he's been a lucky player n front of goal. Tuchel doesn't play him and says he is unlucky in training and unlucky on the pitch. If he's lost his luck, he adds nothing.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I don't see signing Giroud as any less likely than it would have been to have signed Lallana last summer.

He'd be our first £100k p/w player.

I'm filing under, unlikely but far from impossible

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Most realistic strikers we’ll be looking at from Chelsea are Ike Ugbo and Armando Brajo.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Get him...

Would just be a temporary sticking plaster, same as Welbeck. Old hacks looking for a last EPL payday before they have to up sticks to China or the US. Doesn't address the core issue of the club being unwilling to pay EPL rates for EPL promising prospects :shrug:

Last edited:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Would just be a temporary sticking plaster, same as Welbeck. Old hacks looking for a last EPL payday before they have to up sticks to China or the US. Doesn't address the core issue of the club being unwilling to pay EPL rates for EPL promising prospects :shrug:

Who do you want then mate?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Who do you want then mate?

From the EPL? Chris Wood (and/or a non-injured Ashley Barnes)

From the Championship? Ivan Toney

Simples. Just pay the going rate. Or slowly sink. Might not be so lucky as to finish 17th next time. Especially with that gormless Benny and all his little Yes Men having an input :shrug:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't see signing Giroud as any less likely than it would have been to have signed Lallana last summer.

He'd be our first £100k p/w player.

I'm filing under, unlikely but far from impossible

Its not the same as with Lallana.

This is the French national team starting striker who scored 6 goals in the Champions League this season and all the rumours are about clubs like Real Madrid, Juventus, Inter and so on.

From the EPL? Chris Wood (and/or a non-injured Ashley Barnes)

From the Championship? Ivan Toney

Simples. Just pay the going rate. Or slowly sink. Might not be so lucky as to finish 17th next time. Especially with that gormless Benny and all his little Yes Men having an input :shrug:

So Chris Wood... how much would Burnley want for their four PL seasons in a row 10+ goal striker? £30m maybe? £30m for a player who turns 30 this year and would have little to no resale value, in a season where the club made huge economical losses. Of course it is simple for you, but its not simple for Brighton.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Its not the same as with Lallana.

This is the French national team starting striker who scored 6 goals in the Champions League this season and all the rumours are about clubs like Real Madrid, Juventus, Inter and so on.

So Chris Wood... how much would Burnley want for their four PL seasons in a row 10+ goal striker? £30m maybe? £30m for a player who turns 30 this year and would have little to no resale value, in a season where the club made huge economical losses. Of course it is simple for you, but its not simple for Brighton.

BHAFC had Chris Wood on loan as a teenager in the Withdean era. Big strong boy even then. Ashley Barnes was MAGNIFICENT for us. One or other would have have been more than enough to fire us up the table. Hindsight's a wonderfully convenient thing, but... These Are A Good Striker. And always were. Oh well :shrug:

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
BHAFC had Chris Wood on loan as a teenager in the Withdean era. Big strong boy even then. Ashley Barnes was MAGNIFICENT for us. One or other would have have been more than enough to fire us up the table. Hindsight's a wonderfully convenient thing, but... These Are A Good Striker. And always were. Oh well :shrug:

Chris Wood much more realistic then Giroud who turns 35 in September

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Personally, I'd move heaven and earth to build a wall to stop Tammy coming. Quote me all the stats you like, but I think he's been a lucky player n front of goal. Tuchel doesn't play him and says he is unlucky in training and unlucky on the pitch. If he's lost his luck, he adds nothing.

I’m with you. Nothing against the guy, but - rightly or wrongly - he feels he should be at a top 4 club, playing In Europe and part of the England set-up. Not having a go at him for that, but there is no way in a million years he would see coming to Brighton as ‘right for him’, and I’d far rather we look for someone who’d want to play for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Chris Wood is a great striker (Ashley Barnes got a worse record than any Brighton striker this season, one goal per 436 minutes... compare this to the 315 of the much criticised Maupay or 373 minutes for the allegedly shite 11 year old younger Connolly).

Problem is that why would Burnley want to sell Chris Wood to Brighton? He has played a massive part in keeping them up for four seasons, why would they let him go to a rival for any less than bizarre money? £30-40m and then you have a 30 year old striker who is indeed proven but most likely dont have too many good years in him.

On a side note... I bet £5 that you thought they were both horseshit at some point.

haardman

Jul 29, 2005
Exactly the type of striker we need. He could probably teach our young ones a few tricks. If he comes on a free and costs 100k a week and we can get 2-3 years out of him that's still only 15 million. That is a bargain.

I remember being at the Emirates when he scored this beauty (at 4:43):

(watch the whole reel - he is class)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Chris Wood is a great striker (Ashley Barnes got a worse record than any Brighton striker this season, one goal per 436 minutes... compare this to the 315 of the much criticised Maupay or 373 minutes for the allegedly shite 11 year old younger Connolly).

Problem is that why would Burnley want to sell Chris Wood to Brighton? He has played a massive part in keeping them up for four seasons, why would they let him go to a rival for any less than bizarre money? £30-40m and then you have a 30 year old striker who is indeed proven but most likely dont have too many good years in him.

On a side note... I bet £5 that you thought they were both horseshit at some point.

Bit late for all that after-timing bolleaux, but I guarantee that at any point this season I'd have opted for Burnley finishing above us on account of far superior fire-power ie Barnes and Wood. Neither had EVER been horseshit. More than happy to take you up on your (deliberately?) ambivalently worded bet for next season tho. Burnley to finish ahead of Brighton? No-brainer :thumbsup:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Bit late for all that after-timing bolleaux, but I guarantee that at any point this season I'd have opted for Burnley finishing above us on account of far superior fire-power ie Barnes and Wood. More than happy to take you up on your (deliberately?) ambivalently worded bet for next season tho. Burnley to finish ahead of Brighton? No-brainer :tvumbsup:

No idea why you got Wood and Barnes in the same sentence really? One is a great PL striker, the other isnt. There is really nothing indicating that Barnes would be better than any of the current Brighton strikers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here