Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Flying to Porto

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
CL final now taking place there so as I'm bored thought I'd look up flights. Easyjet from Gatwick.
27th £295. 28th £295. 29th £373 (early morning). 30th £73
Returns 29th £52 (morning). 30th £420.
Someone making a few quid? I know prices go up as a plane fills up but that is well over the top.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
CL final now taking place there so as I'm bored thought I'd look up flights. Easyjet from Gatwick.
Someone making a few quid? I know prices go up as a plane fills up but that is well over the top.

Not surprised given the extra demand . Same on school hols dates . They ramp prices up as much as they can get away with ,

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

That's fair enough, shirley? So long as UEFA's freeloaders and hangers on get to see the match with their complimentary tickets. After all UEFA isn't there to benefit fans, is it. They have to get their priorities right .................

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Once demand is there prices are going to hit the roof, airlines have lost millions in the last year. They’ll be milking punters for every pound once the opportunity is there. Can’t say I blame them :shrug:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
That's fair enough, shirley? So long as UEFA's freeloaders and hangers on get to see the match with their complimentary tickets. After all UEFA isn't there to benefit fans, is it. They have to get their priorities right .................

What does UEFA have to do with Easyjet's pricing model?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Once demand is there prices are going to hit the roof, airlines have lost millions in the last year. They’ll be milking punters for every pound once the opportunity is there. Can’t say I blame them :shrug:

Yep, and simple supply and demand. They'll charge what the market can take.........and if the seats don't sell the prices will come down again. Airlines have some pretty good algos adjusting the prices. There are still reasonably-priced flights to Portugal in the school hols..............

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Center parcs have this business model nailed!

Loved it when our kids were pre school, we had some lovely breaks at CP Longleat and Elevden ... the accomodation costing in the low £100's.

After that, multiply the cost by 2 or 3.

CP are by no means alone, also: cottage owners in the West Country and Easyjet/BA for flights to any airport remotely near the Alps at Xmas or Feb half term. Return flights normally costing £75, can easily become £775 person!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Does seem daft that some compromise couldn't have been made to hold this in the UK as a one off due the pandemic and both finalists being from England.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Does seem daft that some compromise couldn't have been made to hold this in the UK as a one off due the pandemic and both finalists being from England.

I think they possibility wanted to but the govnt were unwilling to provide quarantine exemptions for UEFAs 3000 affiliates (guests, sponsors, delegates etc).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
People always turn this onto the airlines but it is simple algorythms. The first seats to sell on a flight on budget airlines will be fairly cheap, the more they sell the more the price goes up. And if a lot of people book in a short timeframe it goes up even more.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Loved it when our kids were pre school, we had some lovely breaks at CP Longleat and Elevden ... the accomodation costing in the low £100's.

After that, multiply the cost by 2 or 3.

CP are by no means alone, also: cottage owners in the West Country and Easyjet/BA for flights to any airport remotely near the Alps at Xmas or Feb half term. Return flights normally costing £75, can easily become £775 person!

I was talking to a colleague in the US last week and she was saying similar in the US, prices are 2 or 3 fold what they used to be.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .

If you've failed to grasp the notion of supply & demand by the age 12 you probably never will.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Spoiler Alert: save yourself all that money and hassle. Man City win. Aguero BLASTS the winning penalty into the bottom corner :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here