Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Book: From The Gutter To The Stars - Fathers Day Deal

LeTiss

May 20, 2010
Southwater, Horsham
With Fathers Day approaching and to celebrate Albion staying in the top flight for a record fifth season I thought I'd offer a new price deal to clear the remaining stocks, so hopefully we can get the profit over to Macmilan.

What could be better than buying your Father a book about following the Albion knowing that all proceeds will be going to such a worthy charity.

REVISED PRICES

£11.50 including postage & packaging (UK Only)

£8.00 collection only

For those interested overseas I will offer you £8 plus P&P.

For All Enquiries: simon-jane@tiscali.co.uk

Cover.JPG

500+ Copies Sold & Almost £9,400 already grossed. Meaning a profit to Macmillan £4,600 plus Gift Aid, Lets Hit That 5k Target

“This is a brilliant book”

“I think it’s a great book”

“Anyone who follows a football club would relate to this book”

“I have found this a compelling read. For a person that my wife says doesn't do books I have been addicted to this “

“PNE away is some of the funniest stuff I’ve ever read”

“Jane,what an amazing thing you and your husband have achieved, just brilliant”

“You should be very proud of this book”

Here's a reminder about the book

An Overview
The book is a detailed memoir documenting the rise of Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club from the turn of the Millennium to the end of May 2019. It isn’t about football per se it’s about following a particular football club, written by a fan for the fans. It concentrates on the passion, the heartache, the frustrations, the joy and lots of fun stories.

I’m sure these tales and anecdotes are similar to those of other football fans around the country but the Brighton and Hove Albion story is pretty unique. For we have come out of the doldrums and rocketed into the sky within a relatively short space of time.

Following Dick Knight saving the club from possible extinction and the clutches of non- league football we have now become a global brand under the leadership of Tony Bloom. We are now homed in a state of the art stadium in Falmer and have an outstanding academy headquarters a few miles west along the A27. The dynamics of the club have completely changed and hopefully as a fan I have captured this story along the way.

The Stories
It is jammed pack with fun stories and boy are there some varied & unconventional subject matter covered. To give you a flavour these include:-
• Numerous promotion & relegation campaigns
• 9/11
• The clubs centenary
• Numerous battles with Crystal Palace
• Poogate
• The Falmer For All Campaign
• Winning the Coca Cola Kid
• The building of the Amex
• Trips to Millennium & Wembley Stadium
• The magic of Withdean
• Notorious away days at Pompey, Bolton, Preston, Rotherham Aston Villa & Burnley
• My pursuit of 92 league grounds
• Shoreham air disaster
• Being served by paedophiles in Exeter
• Wife kissed by DJ
• A brief encounter with Mini-Me
• An argument with a political commentator
• A famous actor being run over
• Getting to the Premier League
• An insight into the key individuals including Mr Bloom, Barber, Poyet, Garcia, Hughton, Murray, Fatboy Slim & others

I also express my concerns about the demise of the modern day Premier League footballer, touch on my playing days in the West Sussex Football League, give a shout out to my brilliant team mates at Rudgwick FC and our little claim to fame.

Talking of fame there is a chapter on Kirdford the village I grew up in, its celebrity culture, a story that will make you laugh and another that will make your blood curdle plus a Grand National winner that provided the village with its own international fame.

Finally it gives a little insight into my personal life as it documents how we as a family have dealt with our ups, downs and illness during the period of Albion’s uprising. Sadly my Mum, my wife Jane and sister Sasha have had to battle against Cancer and I talk openly about these three very brave and special ladies. It also touches on my redundancy in 2016, mental health, me re-aligning my priorities, how I have handled the family cancer battles with a bit of self-help thrown in for good measure. A football fans guide to help get through life.

Parental Guidance: A word of warning this book does contain the occasional swear word.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
With Fathers Day approaching and to celebrate Albion staying in the top flight for a record fifth season I thought I'd offer a new price deal to clear the remaining stocks, so hopefully we can get the profit over to Macmilan.

What could be better than buying your Father a book about following the Albion knowing that all proceeds will be going to such a worthy charity.

REVISED PRICES

£8.00 collection only

View attachment 136690

500+ Copies Sold & Almost £9,400 already grossed. Meaning a profit to Macmillan £4,600 plus Gift Aid, Lets Hit That 5k Target

“I have found this a compelling read. For a person that my wife says doesn't do books I have been addicted to this “

An Overview
The book is a detailed memoir documenting the rise of Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club from the turn of the Millennium to the end of May 2019. It isn’t about football per se it’s about following a particular football club, written by a fan for the fans. It concentrates on the passion, the heartache, the frustrations, the joy and lots of fun stories.

I’m sure these tales and anecdotes are similar to those of other football fans around the country but the Brighton and Hove Albion story is pretty unique. For we have come out of the doldrums and rocketed into the sky within a relatively short space of time.

Following Dick Knight saving the club from possible extinction and the clutches of non- league football we have now become a global brand under the leadership of Tony Bloom. We are now homed in a state of the art stadium in Falmer and have an outstanding academy headquarters a few miles west along the A27. The dynamics of the club have completely changed and hopefully as a fan I have captured this story along the way.

The Stories
It is jammed pack with fun stories and boy are there some varied & unconventional subject matter covered. To give you a flavour these include:-
• 9/11
• The clubs centenary
• Poogate
• The magic of Withdean
• Notorious away days at Pompey, Bolton, Preston, Rotherham Aston Villa & Burnley
• Shoreham air disaster
• Wife kissed by DJ
• An insight into the key individuals including Mr Bloom, Barber, Poyet, Garcia, Hughton, Murray, Fatboy Slim & others

I also express my concerns about the demise of the modern day Premier League footballer, touch on my playing days in the West Sussex Football League, give a shout out to my brilliant team mates at Rudgwick FC and our little claim to fame.

Talking of fame there is a chapter on Kirdford the village I grew up in, its celebrity culture, a story that will make you laugh and another that will make your blood curdle plus a Grand National winner that provided the village with its own international fame.

Finally it gives a little insight into my personal life as it documents how we as a family have dealt with our ups, downs and illness during the period of Albion’s uprising. Sadly my Mum, my wife Jane and sister Sasha have had to battle against Cancer and I talk openly about these three very brave and special ladies. It also touches on my redundancy in 2016, mental health, me re-aligning my priorities, how I have handled the family cancer battles with a bit of self-help thrown in for good measure. A football fans guide to help get through life.

Parental Guidance: A word of warning this book does contain the occasional swear word.

Just emailed you :)

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

REVISED PRICES

£8.00 collection only

View attachment 136690

An Overview

The Stories
• 9/11
• The clubs centenary
• Poogate
• The magic of Withdean
• Shoreham air disaster
• Wife kissed by DJ

Just finished reading this - a fun read - I hope you can shift the few remaining copies for such a great cause.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I've just finished reading this book (hand-delivered no less!) and can whole-heartedly recommend it to any and all BHA fans.
Laugh out loud and "oh yes I remember/had forgotten that" moments.

Together with some bits that made me unashameably glassy-eyed.

More power to you.

LeTiss

May 20, 2010
Southwater, Horsham
Ladies & Gents

Thanks for your enquiries today its been great. They have come from all over the country, Australia & Hawaii (KLS).

I believe I have now processed all of them but if I have missed anyone SHOUT. Today of all days my e-mail system has melted so I have had to use one source for incoming mail & one for outgoing :ffsparr:

Thanks for your continued support but please keep the orders coming, we are almost at the finishing line of this project. Dad's don't need socks they need a good book to make them laugh!

LeTiss

May 20, 2010
Southwater, Horsham
Good Luck To The Albion

Morning All

So looking forward to Tuesday evening watching the Albion & catching up with mates. In the meantime good luck to the Albion tonight.

The interest in book over the last couple of days has been great. Penultimate box is open so nearly sold out. Please get your order in if you don't want to miss out.

All enquires: simon-jane@tiscali.co.uk

Many Thanks
Simon

LeTiss

May 20, 2010
Southwater, Horsham
Dispatch Update

Deliveries done this morning.

Copy of the book has been dispatched to Australia via courier.

This little lot is going out Monday.

PostIMG_0305.jpg

Collections arranged for tomorrow.

Best wishes & keep the orders coming.

REDUCED PRICES: £8 collection only £11.50 inc P&P (UK Only)
orders abroad £8 plus p&p

ALL Enquiries: Simon-jane@tiscali.co.uk

LeTiss

May 20, 2010
Southwater, Horsham
Today's Times

I am not going to lie that I am a little bit chuffed that my article on tonight's game has appeared in todays copy of The Times, especially as it sits alongside a picture of my Spurs supporting Dad's favorite player Mr Harry Kane. This opportunity came about thanks to a connection of a From The Gutter To The Stars customer, so many thanks to him.:clap2:

Sadly the picture of the article wont load so please check it out. Also sadly the article was edited and failed to mention that tonight's match is the last time that a certain Mr Nick Probin will be attending a home game as a Season Ticket holder. Nick who has recently retired decided not to renew his best seat in the house. Nick enjoy the game hopefully the rain stays away, you enjoy the party in the car park and Albion do you proud. You will be missed by every member of our match day clan. Best wishes.

From The Gutter To The Stars
All enquiries: simon-jane@tiscali.co.uk

LeTiss

May 20, 2010
Southwater, Horsham
Oh my what a night, one of the best Amex experiences. Even mild mannered Mr Potter managed to rile Pep.

It so lived up to my hype in this mornings article.

LeTiss

May 20, 2010
Southwater, Horsham
Good Luck & Albion Roar

As the curtain comes down on another season here's wishing the Albion become record breakers this afternoon at the Emirates. Hopefully we get least a draw to secure our highest points tally in the Premier League which our consistent performances truly deserve.

If you didn't catch it on Radio Reverb yesterday check out the latest Albion Roar podcast it's a good one. The Brighton Bard and I are Alan & Ady's guest it was great fun and quite emotional. The show finishes with a poem from the Bard followed by a rousing rendition of Sunshine on Leith sung by the Proclaimers ably assisted by thousands of Hibs supporters. Appropriate in so many ways given the Albion's joint venture with Hibernian but also because I was working in Scotland when I found out that my wife Jane had cancer. During that tour I attended l number of appointments in Edinburgh including one in Leith High Street. For more on that and how Albion rose from the gutter to the stars, check it out in my book.

Best wishes

REDUCED PRICES

£8.00 collection only

LeTiss

May 20, 2010
Southwater, Horsham
A Game Too Far?

It certainly looked like it as the season fizzled out.

Any club in the bottom half would struggle missing quality that the likes of Wellbeck, Maupay, Lallana, March, Veltman and Lamptey bring to a starting line up.

Oh well lots to look forward to, bring on next season. Look forward to seeing you all back at The Amex.

LeTiss

May 20, 2010
Southwater, Horsham
Well played Ben White

Amazing that 2 Academy Players are going to Euros it use to be Worthing or Bognor. Who says the club haven't progressed.

Well played Ben white, although I am somewhat confused why Lewis isn't joining you.

Book orders are still coming in, current profit margin income income is £9,880 meaning profit to Macmillan stands at £4,981.

A few books left lets break the 10k & 5k barriers you beautiful people.

£8 per copy or £11.50 inc p&p (uk only)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Amazing that 2 Academy Players are going to Euros it use to be Worthing or Bognor. Who says the club haven't progressed.

Well played Ben white, although I am somewhat confused why Lewis isn't joining you.

Book orders are still coming in, current profit margin income income is £9,880 meaning profit to Macmillan stands at £4,981.

A few books left lets break the 10k & 5k barriers you beautiful people.

£8 per copy or £11.50 inc p&p (uk only)

Email sent :)

LeTiss

May 20, 2010
Southwater, Horsham
Back Of The Net

Dunk.jpg

What a night for the project we have just broken the £5000 profit margin. Macmillan will be delighted. We are also on the verge of exceeding 10k worth of income which is beyond expectation. Thanks for the wonderful support.

I have 6 copies here that aren't on reserve and are yet to be sold plus checking stocks elsewhere, however just like The Amex we are on the verge of selling out.

All enquiries: simon-jane@tiscali.co.uk

:bhasign::rave::rave::clap2::clap2::bhasign::albion2::albion2::bhasign:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here