Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Football on TV What Next?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Sky Sports, BT Sport, Amazon Prime Video and BBC Sport have agreed a proposal to roll over their existing television deal with the Premier League for a further three years from 2022 to 2025, the league has announced

I have greatly appreciated having every game covered during the pandemic, even if I haven't always appreciated the coverage. Sky despite their legion of loyal fans have stood out for me as the worst offenders, their offering is stale and dated.

What would this mean to you?

Great if you are an armchair fan?
Irrelevant if you are an uber fan?
Massively inflationary if you are a mainly home games supporter, who can't bear to not watch anymore?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
If we have performances like the last one I would rather watch old Episodes of Star Trek... :down:

(Channel 70 CBS Horror 6PM every night at present for those interested)

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
II think this refers to the deal in 2018, not the pandemic agreement of showing all matches without fans.

Sky spent £3.75 billion on 128 live games a season, while BT invested £975 million on 52 matches a season. Amazon picked up the final packages of 20 matches a season for its streaming service, Amazon Prime Video.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
NO NO NO!
Being a STH and loyal away fan it would be the 10's of 1000's like me across the country who will suffer. KO days and times announced a week in advance, 8pm KO in the winter, mid week in Liverpool or 12:00 in Newcastle. NO
We need a fans group to argue the case of fans across the country for decent KO times to take into account away fans either getting to or home from a ground. We need fixtures announced in time to purchase cheap train tickets. We need the promised 'ticket swop' whereby train tickets can be changed when matches are moved.
It's all very well someone realising that 10 games played at different times over a weekend brings in more overseas TV cash, but please think of the fans as well.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
II think this refers to the deal in 2018, not the pandemic agreement of showing all matches without fans.

Sky spent £3.75 billion on 128 live games a season, while BT invested £975 million on 52 matches a season. Amazon picked up the final packages of 20 matches a season for its streaming service, Amazon Prime Video.

Exactly. Think it is a total of 200 live games on tv with the other 180 on a dodgy stream.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
If we have performances like the last one I would rather watch old Episodes of Star Trek... :down:

It's on the right channel. Some of those episodes of Star Trek really were horrible.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
BT Sport's new deal has confirmed they will no longer have the 12:30pm kick-off slot on a Saturday.

They will instead have a game every Saturday at 7:45pm.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Also on at 10.00am

Also Star Trek Enterprise at 9.00am and 7.00pm.

BHAFCLive

Sep 21, 2018
BT Sport's new deal has confirmed they will no longer have the 12:30pm kick-off slot on a Saturday.

Just to add, that would only be the case for teams playing in the Champions League on the preceding Wednesday.

BT's main slot is still 12.30pm, but now have the flexibility to move their pick to 7.45pm to help out teams competing in Europe.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

BT Sport press release states ' with the BT Sport Saturday game moving to a prime evening slot of 7.45pm when teams involved have played in Europe on the prior Wednesday.'

So who is correct?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
BT Sport press release states ' with the BT Sport Saturday game moving to a prime evening slot of 7.45pm when teams involved have played in Europe on the prior Wednesday.'

So who is correct?

The press release, I'm sure. Sorry, the news story I saw got it incorrect.

This change is due to Klopp's moans, I guess, but it (probably) won't affect him next season....

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here