Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Every Jonah Lomu RWC try

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As the big man would have been 46 today.

Here's a throwback to when not every rugby player looked like...

... Jonah

(and the sport was all the better for it)

[tweet]1392389082127364097[/tweet]

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The one that sticks in the memory is that one when he quite literally tramples straight over Mike Catt. He didn't even bother dodging, he just ran right through him.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
He was a human wrecking ball against the English defence
The Underwoods were like ants under him
Loved scoring against England and scored 8 tries in 7 games against us but never scored a try against South Africa in 12 attempts
Never really liked rugby until he came along and set the trend for fast giant players
Really nice bloke off the pitch and respected by everyone
Thing of beauty watching all his tries.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
He was a mighty athlete.

Always came across as a good sort.

The finest role model.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He was one of the triggering fsctors for the game going professional.
I seem to recall during the 95 world cup, it was assumed he would be lost to Rugby league, almost immediately, if the game didn't go pro.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
He just made it look so easy. A trait all the true greats have in their dsicipline.

New Zealand gets on my nerves sometimes, being a little bit arrogant (probably deservedly), and I always think they're pretty dirty but seem to get away with things. But I do really admire the culture of the All Blacks. All their players treat it as an honour and a priviledge, and its not just about being an All Black on the pitch but how you conduct yourself off it as well. Its no wonder they're held in such high esteem in New Zealand, they are proper role models. I think a lot of teams across a variety of sports could learn a lot from them.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Surely the greatest left wing in rugby union history? A truly great man, it was a privilege to watch him play. He took the game to another level.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The one that sticks in the memory is that one when he quite literally tramples straight over Mike Catt. He didn't even bother dodging, he just ran right through him.

I vividly remember this and watching open-mouthed at the time.......he destroyed us.

Terribly sad his health took him from us. As said earlier, his battles with the Boks showed where rugby was heading as they fought fire with fire in the muscle power game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here