Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2021 Thread

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
17 losses in a row. So bad. Awful game calling, receivers can’t catch, edge can’t rush, secondary can’t track the ball or man, waaaay too much expectancy on Lawrence to sling the ball constantly. We could easily go 0-17.

Last edited:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Slightly concerned with Landry now on the sidelines with a suspected sprained MCL. Hoping that will mean a quicker return for OBJ if it means Juice needs a few weeks to recover, otherwise Baker could struggle to get the ball downfield with such an inexperienced corps.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Vegas Raiders played 2 won 2, must start to all go wrong from next weekend

Jul 7, 2003
17 losses in a row. So bad. Awful game calling, receivers can’t catch, edge can’t rush, secondary can’t track the ball or man, waaaay too much expectancy on Lawrence to sling the ball constantly. We could easily go 17-0.

Surely the best you can manage now is 15-2:wink:

Two things outside of the game noted yesterday. First of all, more orange than teal in many areas of the stadium, probably more so than when I went in 2016 to watch the Broncos. Secondly, I haven't seen the official attendances but it looked like there were more people in TIAA to watch the Saints play 'at home' than there were this week.

I have a soft spot for the Jags having been to the stadium a few times when visiting my mate who lives in Jax so sad to see them continuing to under perform. Every team has slumps but this seems to be dragging on for far too long.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Surely the best you can manage now is 15-2:wink:

Two things outside of the game noted yesterday. First of all, more orange than teal in many areas of the stadium, probably more so than when I went in 2016 to watch the Broncos. Secondly, I haven't seen the official attendances but it looked like there were more people in TIAA to watch the Saints play 'at home' than there were this week.

I have a soft spot for the Jags having been to the stadium a few times when visiting my mate who lives in Jax so sad to see them continuing to under perform. Every team has slumps but this seems to be dragging on for far too long.

:lol: now edited!

It is sad, the locals are just fed up with the constant let down. This ‘new’ regime was supposed to be the start of something but they’ve been making horrific decisions since day one. 2 games is all it took for most to lose faith and it’s easy to see why, can’t expect a rookie to air it out 50 times a game, meanwhile the opposing QB can just sling it all day and the secondary will oblige.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
17 losses in a row. So bad. Awful game calling, receivers can’t catch, edge can’t rush, secondary can’t track the ball or man, waaaay too much expectancy on Lawrence to sling the ball constantly. We could easily go 0-17.

As a Browns fan I feel your pain. You've just got to get through about six Head Coaches, about the same number of GMs, more QBs than you can count, waste years of Draft picks, and then maybe in twenty years you'll have a winning season!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last night/this morning was the first time in the Rodgers era I had the opportunity to be up all night/sleep all day and didn't do it.

I was too scared at the prospect of seeing #12 poop the bed.

The first TD drive of the second half - it wouldn't have been Aaron doing the pooping in bed. :lol:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
As a Browns fan I feel your pain. You've just got to get through about six Head Coaches, about the same number of GMs, more QBs than you can count, waste years of Draft picks, and then maybe in twenty years you'll have a winning season!

Well we’re off to a good start, the team’s record under the current owner is 41-108 with 1 winning season (10-6) in his 9 years in charge. We’ve wasted first round picks on Luke Joeckel, Justin Blackmon, Blaine Gabbert, Blake Bortles, Leonard Fournette, K’laivon Chaisson, Taven Bryan. They did get the Ramsey pick right but he wanted out as the whole franchise is rotten. They’ve got a golden opportunity with Trevor Lawrence but they’ve handed the keys to Meyer who looks massively out of his depth, he’s picked a band of awful coaches and coordinators and collectively they’ve drafted an awful class and despite having the largest cap space they completely flopped free agency.
Other than that it’s all good :lol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Raiders on fire 26 consecutive points against the Dolphins

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Want to enjoy the Albion tonight (11pm ko here), so opted out of staying up to watch Seattle last night (00:25–03:30).

Thank God I did. Looks like exactly the same story as last week – go two scores up, look to be cruising, and then utterly fall apart for the entire second half.

Our defence is shit. Like, seriously shit. Sinking feeling we're going to waste the last couple of years of Russell Wilson with a joke of a D torpedoing any chance of being competitive.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Chiefs off to a bad start. I thought they had made one of their comebacks from 14-3 down, but they lost it at the end.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Giants just going nowhere.

Plagued with injuries now, two hamstrings (Slayton and Shepherd - ?crap warm ups), Martinez looks like knee has gone.
Honestly thought we might get a winning record this year, especially after the close games last season, but we seem incapable of winning. Judge doesn’t know the appeal rules…..

Still at least we’re not the Jets…..

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Well I am just going to forget the Washington/Bills game ever happened. After all the hope and optimism of the offseason we have collided with the stark reality that we are just not very good. Our defence is an embarrassment and imo Jack Del Rio should be fired or at the very least threatened with the sack for failing to get anything remotely like serviceable performance out of some pretty decent players. Our third down defence is a. disgrace. Heinicke had bad game yesterday too but as we were chasing the game his desire to push it too much was understandable even if extremely ill-judged.

On a positive note, I switched over to the Chargers Chiefs game and that was excellent. Even if the WFT continue to stink there is still plenty of good football on offer elsewhere

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Raiders on fire 26 consecutive points against the Dolphins

Then sneaked over the line in OT..................

Bound to go tits up from next week at the Chargers

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Want to enjoy the Albion tonight (11pm ko here), so opted out of staying up to watch Seattle last night (00:25–03:30).

Thank God I did. Looks like exactly the same story as last week – go two scores up, look to be cruising, and then utterly fall apart for the entire second half.

Our defence is shit. Like, seriously shit. Sinking feeling we're going to waste the last couple of years of Russell Wilson with a joke of a D torpedoing any chance of being competitive.

I was surprised as usually you're our bogey team. However, the Vikes 0-2 start was definitely misleading and our offence is something to seriously be reckoned with. However, giving Cousins that much time and allowing him even under pressure to make passes was beyond poor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here