Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fan representation on the Albion board.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Not seen this posted elsewhere :)

[tweet]1392137402894798854[/tweet]

With Spuds announcing they'll have fan representation on their board, in light of the recent ESL fiasco.
I think this is an excellent idea, even more so for our club, who have done everything right in moving withe times, new stadia, PL standard academy, links with the local community, charities and support of LGBT.
I wonder what credentials one has to have to be in for a shout at being a fan representative on the clubs board.
I shudder to think what crazy ass fan gets through the stringent checks :lol:

Apart from the usual suspect :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do we need 2 fan representatives?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It's got to be our singing mate from New York City, and if he can't fit it in to his schedule I reckon Swanny should be considered.
I'm sure Paul Barber would endorse both of them.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
The principle is a good idea, as we are already have a developed community based presence surely this would be a good step further to cement this position.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Must admit, I can't see the benefit as no club will want full, open Board meetings with a fan listening. Some matters would need to remain confidential.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Reckon we need this less than any other club in the league. Someone hijacking the board meeting as a self-anointed ‘voice of the people’ to whinge about flasks, bottle tops or free birthday kit for 7 year olds ? Nah.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
'Going forward'. Are our board meetings now going to be held above a pub on selected away days?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon we need this less than any other club in the league. Someone hijacking the board meeting as a self-anointed ‘voice of the people’ to whinge about flasks, bottle tops or free birthday kit for 7 year olds ? Nah.
Yeah, I tend to agree. I'm not opposed to the concept (leaving aside the fact that unlike a lot of clubs we already have fans on the board and indeed are owned by one), but I'm not sure what the benefit will be. I think it would be more of a PR exercise, (as I think it is for Spurs, etc), indeed the club could make a PR point of saying we DON'T need one precisely because there already is an excellent relationship between Board and fans and we already have established lines of communication. (Which often aren't even used as the 'Ask the Club' section of NSC proves).

And who will it be? The Chair of the Supporters' Club? Ian Hart? Bozza? I mentioned in another thread I certainly don't want some self-appointed bobble-hat marching into a board meeting to complain that the pies are always cold in the ESU, so we'd have to elect somebody, and rather like the PCC elections it would seem an expensive and pointless exercise.

Anyway, like others if there were an election I'd be voting for Swansman. He'd be ideal, for a start he's young and untainted by the past so he won't be carrying the baggage of 1997. He won't bang on about the Goldstone, Gillingham or Withdean as he never went to them. He can look to the future.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
While i don't think this is necessary, it would be good if there was a fan elected panel that were consulted on any relatively big decisions that face the supporters (ST prices, safe standing, external concourse refurb, things like that).

The club are very good at telling supporters about the decisions they have made (particularly PB) after they have been made, but i'm not sure if there is much consultation with anyone who is likely to disagree.

Edit: safe standing is probably a bad example as there was consultation on that a few years back. Would be interested to see it revisited when the law changes though

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm not really that keen on having a fan who'll just bang on about bottle tops on the board.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I reckon the Spurs one is a load of a bollocks. Not a chance they are going to let someone on who could potentially leak commercially sensitive info ... like the next ESL plan.

They might get a say in the "flavour of pies next week" meeting, that's about it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here