Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Players Chants

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
This is the first time I have started a thread so please #bekind.

Inspired by the Caicado song and the fans being allowed back in the Amex, I was trying to remember which of our 1st team players had their own chant.

The ones that come to mind are:

Solly
Dunk
Bissouma

Wouldn't it be great if all our 1st team regulars had their own chant.

I think the best chants are the shorter/repetitive ones so the whole stadium can join in with although the Knockart and Sidwell chants were fantastic and I miss them.

Unfortunately I have no imagination, so is there anyone that can think of any chants for our players that the whole stadium can sing along with? :amex:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
This is the first time I have started a thread so please #bekind.

Inspired by the Caicado song and the fans being allowed back in the Amex, I was trying to remember which of our 1st team players had their own chant.

The ones that come to mind are:

Solly
Dunk
Bissouma

Wouldn't it be great if all our 1st team regulars had their own chant.

I think the best chants are the shorter/repetitive ones so the whole stadium can join in with although the Knockart and Sidwell chants were fantastic and I miss them.

Unfortunately I have no imagination, so is there anyone that can think of any chants for our players that the whole stadium can sing along with? :amex:

Neil Maupay had a chant on Sunday, and looked what happened :lolol:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Due to the pandemic and the lack of crowds we are certainly out of practice.

We have players like Lamptey, White, Veltman, Lallana, Welbeck and Sanchez who most fans haven't even seen play for the Albion.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
I think Pascal needs and deserves a unique chant. Brett Mendoza came up with a cracker based upon the There she goes tune by The Las. I can't find it but went along the lines of ...
Pascal Gross Pascal Gross again
With his mighty German brain
and you just can't compete
with his Cryff turns again and again...I'm sure Brett with intervene!

Pascal has been such a good Premier era servant and that needs marking with a chant.

Bizarrely I been thinking that Electric Six,Gay Bar could also work.. Da dadada dah daha da...Pascal's going to take you with Cryff Turn, Cryff Turn, Cryff Turn.....you'll be on the floor...when he Cryff Turns, Cryff Turns etc etc.. ......

I'll get me coat

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I have a few chants I sing during lockdown.

Neil maupay(but pronounced mowpie,which I think is correct)to Rihanna diamonds.
Shine bright,tonight,blue and white,
Score beautiful,like Brighton's Neal mowpie,
Whoah oh yeaaahhhh,
Score beautiful ,like Brighton's Neal mowpie.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
I have a few chants I sing during lockdown.

Neil maupay(but pronounced mowpie,which I think is correct)to Rihanna diamonds.
Shine bright,tonight,blue and white,
Score beautiful,like Brighton's Neal mowpie,
Whoah oh yeaaahhhh,
Score beautiful ,like Brighton's Neal mowpie.

This is definately one for next season :lolol:

SAC

May 21, 2014
The best chants tend to originate in a pub (usually before an away match), get repeated on the way to a match, in the bar before the match and, if you are lucky, get repeated within the match. I can't imagine starting up a new chant stone cold sober. Away matches are easier, due to the alcohol and a higher density of people willing to join in (probably due to the alcohol).

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Because we were shit-hot at creating player chants pre-pandemic. I still fondly remember the song we sang for Dale Stephens during his 6 years at the club. Or the one we came up with for Gross in the three years between his arrival and our departure. Or the Shane Duffy song. Or the Beram Kayal song. Or the Jose Izquierdo song. Or...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

We have players like Lamptey, White, Veltman, Lallana, Welbeck and Sanchez who most fans haven't even seen play for the Albion.

White had one at the Chelsea friendly

Number 3 Ben White
Number 3 Ben White
Number 3 Ben White
Number 3 Ben White
Number 3 Ben White (free Ben White)

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The best chants tend to originate in a pub (usually before an away match), get repeated on the way to a match, in the bar before the match and, if you are lucky, get repeated within the match. I can't imagine starting up a new chant stone cold sober. Away matches are easier, due to the alcohol and a higher density of people willing to join in (probably due to the alcohol).

Too right.

Has a single chant ever been successfully created on a message board?

Pub yes, trains yes, terraces yes.

Almost always away matches

May 5, 2020
Sussex

Yes that's the ideal scenario,but where are these chants?
I agree with the OP we need more for next season.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Too right.

Has a single chant ever been successfully created on a message board?

Pub yes, trains yes, terraces yes.

Almost always away matches

I think over the last ten years our best chants have been pinched from other clubs such as ulloa,sidwell,dunk which I'm guessing began on man u, Newcastle and spurs message boards to begin with.
These chants were brilliant of course but the Stephens one we nicked from Chelsea was awful.
Surely we must be able to come up with some original stuff for our players and I actually think a message board can help with that.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think over the last ten years our best chants have been pinched from other clubs such as ulloa,sidwell,dunk which I'm guessing began on man u, Newcastle and spurs message boards to begin with.
These chants were brilliant of course but the Stephens one we nicked from Chelsea was awful.
Surely we must be able to come up with some original stuff for our players and I actually think a message board can help with that.

Not as much as 6 cans by 10am!

But i'm happy to be proved wrong. Don't care where the chants originate from, as long as we're getting behind our players, that's fine by me.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The other thing you need to create a chant of course, is magnetism, gravitas, credibility, confidence, the ability to project your voice and a rhino hide.

It's one thing posting a good idea on a messageboard, but someone has to start singing it .... and nobody is going to do it for you.

This is where the morning drinking comes in handy

Chickenlittle

Feb 6, 2017
South coast
Doesn’t really matter what the chant is, we all know we will end up starting at different times and at a ridiculously fast speed....dear God, we can’t even get GOSBTS right :lolol::lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Sanchez is easy. Spanish, Spanish number one. Spanish number 1.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Because we were shit-hot at creating player chants pre-pandemic. I still fondly remember the song we sang for Dale Stephens during his 6 years at the club. Or the one we came up with for Gross in the three years between his arrival and our departure. Or the Shane Duffy song. Or the Beram Kayal song. Or the Jose Izquierdo song. Or...

It's a tragedy that Jose Izquierdo to the tune of lets go ****ing mental never rung around the Amex.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
The other thing you need to create a chant of course, is magnetism, gravitas, credibility, confidence, the ability to project your voice and a rhino hide.

It's one thing posting a good idea on a messageboard, but someone has to start singing it .... and nobody is going to do it for you.

This is where the morning drinking comes in handy

Yes,I agree with everything you are saying but we still have the original problem which is,we need more songs,where are they?
I know we had a few at away games that rarely made it to the Amex,bit that could be a situation where posting them here could have helped.
But also it could go.the other way where posting it here could be picked up by the type of person of which you speak and be started on the train up?
We certainly seem to be very light on individual player chants last few seasons.
But yes I take your point, someone has to actually sing the song rather than just post it or read it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here