Reporting on SSN now, Maupay charged with using offensive or abusive language

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
3 game ban then ?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Could be anything from 3 to 8 apparently depending upon what was said. Hopefully it's only a 3 game ban.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Whilst not condoning his behaviour, how often do you see players mouthing off at the officials during games and escape punishment? You don't have to be an expert lip reader to tell what four letter expletives players are launching at the ref- and it rarely gets punished

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Oh **** off!

No retrospective action for penalties given after the final whistle which was also 3 minutes after added time should have finished.
Or for Refs too clueless to know they should have given a goal rather than bottle it and rule it out,
Nor for VAR failing to see that the ref was right and the foul was outside the area.
Or for Kane making a back for Lallana and endangering another player
Or Maguire pulling back Welbeck, without even a view from VAR.

Just **** off.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
will be interesting to see how GP and club handle this. Andone was shipped out sharpish for his poor behaviour! (lets face it, as much as we all like his hard work and running, we need a striker who scores goals as our regular no 9).

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Probably a 3 game ban but hopefully the club will manage to get it extended to 8 on appeal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh **** off!

No retrospective action for penalties given after the final whistle which was also 3 minutes after added time should have finished.
Or for Refs too clueless to know they should have given a goal rather than bottle it and rule it out,
Nor for VAR failing to see that the ref was right and the foul was outside the area.

Just **** off.

Burn being wrestled to the ground at 0-1 and play waved on. Clear home team bias, ref too fat to keep up with play. Fouls on Maupay not given or given against him, Yeah let’s crucify the Johnny Foreigner who let his emotions run away with him because of the refereeing. It does seem harsh but players can’t do it, however shit the untouchable ref’s performance.

But yeah just **** off

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If he was Manure the red would be reduced to a yellow

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Probably a 3 game ban but hopefully the club will manage to get it extended to 8 on appeal.

I normally like your sense of humour but that’s below the belt given the hate for Maupay from quite a few NSCers :down:

No doubt you’ll get plenty of “likes” though :smile:

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
will be interesting to see how GP and club handle this. Andone was shipped out sharpish for his poor behaviour! (lets face it, as much as we all like his hard work and running, we need a striker who scores goals as our regular no 9).

Interestingly this is now the second time his attitude has let himself and the team down this season. Potter dropped him earlier in the season from the Spurs game for his role in the bust up with Ryan and Connolly. I'm not saying there's a defined limit on being a plum, but I would imagine that at the very least somebody will be having talks with him about being time to grow up.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I normally like your sense of humour but that’s below the belt given the hate for Maupay from quite a few NSCers :down:

Only a bit of gallows humour Icy. I'm a Maupay advocate - he created that chance for Welbeck vs Leeds.

Have to say though, mouthing off at the ref after the final whistle is perhaps the most unprofessional way to get banned, regardless of the circumstances.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Oh **** off!

Just **** off.

I see you opted for the abbreviated list!

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Given that players swear all the time at refs and mostly the refs choose to ignore it as it is in the heat of the situation, I do think it’s unfair to single out Maupay . If he apologised to the ref afterwards hopefully only a 2 match ban .

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Oh **** off!

Just **** off.

This, we are not welcome here

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'd like to see a zero tolerance on bad mouthing refs. They have talked about it loads, but if they properly did it that would be it. Straight red every time, no messing. Would never happen again, but for the odd nutter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here