Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alcohol at Man City game

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Apologies if already covered but does anyone know if alcohol will be served on the concourses for the Citeh match? No doubt 1901 will have their pre and after match sherries but what about us proletariat?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Dick's Bar open pre-game, anyone know?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yeah I doubt it - they weren't open in the games in December and I doubt for last game of the season they want to risk any bad press etc

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
camel back and one of those baseball hats with 2 mini barrels of dark star . . .job done.

I see you and I raise...

A1TZ4eFrbyL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Chelsea friendly last summer had the catering outlets open. Enjoyed a pie and a pint or two. Arguably, due to only having a couple of stands open, it was pro-rata more congested than the City game will be. If there's no catering available, would seem to be as much down to financial reasons as health reasons. Maybe a good compromise would be to make pies and pints far more largely available in the open air for this one. Everybody wins!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Chelsea friendly last summer had the catering outlets open. Enjoyed a pie and a pint or two. Arguably, due to only having a couple of stands open, it was pro-rata more congested than the City game will be. If there's no catering available, would seem to be as much down to financial reasons as health reasons. Maybe a good compromise would be to make pies and pints far more largely available in the open air for this one. Everybody wins!

[tweet]1391767743242940417[/tweet]

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
No - the club have already said no beer on concourses as they don't want people congregating and would rather fans stay in seats as much as possible - and unlikely they'll open the bars outside the ground

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...30.170396489.1620722791-1001249785.1616579608 1901 will get alcohol but concourses remain non-alcoholic

I'm sure I had some form of communication telling me what type of pie I could expect at the City game.....

Seems odd that you can queue for food but not drink...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm sure I had some form of communication telling me what type of pie I could expect at the City game.....

Seems odd that you can queue for food but not drink...

I'm not sure it's queueing that is being targeted here, more that as you can't take beer to your seat, those buying alcohol would have to remain in the concourse area, very probably in close proximity to others.

If you're just picking up a pie, you could head to your seat (and fresh air) to eat it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here