Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 11-16/05/21

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A mish-mash of fixtures over coming days to get everyone up to 36 games played.

Tuesday 11th May 2021
Man Utd v Leicester City (18:00) - BT Sport
Southampton v Crystal Palace (20:15) - Sky Sports

Wednesday 12th May 2021
Chelsea v Arsenal (20:15) - Sky Sports

Thursday 13th May 2021
Aston Villa v Everton (18:00) - Sky Sports
Man Utd v Liverpool (20:15) - Sky Sports

Friday 14th May 2021
Newcastle United v Man City (20:00) - Sky Sports

Saturday 15th May 2021
Burnley v Leeds United (12:30) - BT Sport
Southampton v Fulham (15:00) - Sky Sports
Brighton & Hove Albion v West Ham United (20:00) - Sky Sports

Sunday 16th May 2021
Crystal Palace v Aston Villa (12:00) - Sky Sports
Tottenham Hotspur v Wolves (14:05) - Sky Sports
West Brom v Liverpool (16:30) - Sky Sports
Everton v Sheffield United (19:00) - BT Sport

Screenshot 2021-05-11 at 09.04.17.png

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Burnley v Leeds United will be fun to watch on a Sat afternoon.
The ginger dalek locking horns with Bielsebub :lol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is anyone still watching other teams games? I find myself completely bored with all non Albion football nowadays. Didn't even bother to watch the Fulham game last night as knew it would be fine. All a bit predictable for me now and VAR pops up and annoys me. Can't be bothered with it anymore.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Is anyone still watching other teams games? I find myself completely bored with all non Albion football nowadays. Didn't even bother to watch the Fulham game last night as knew it would be fine. All a bit predictable for me now and VAR pops up and annoys me. Can't be bothered with it anymore.

I sometimes turn games on, then find something better to do, like darning socks, or watching gloss paint dry.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Nope not watching much currently... probably would have if anyone had anything to play for but it all feels pretty wrapped up. Might watch United today as Swede Anthony Elanga reportedly will make his debut.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

When I had a NowTv Subscription i would watch a few non-albion games, but now that has run out, I will just use a day pass for the West Ham game.

Any idea if the Arsenal game will be covered?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The Guardian's footie newsletter is generally worth a read. Today's starts as follows:

When The Man told us to write about Fulham FC, The Fiver struggled to keep focus, drifting into a state of severe ennui that only got worse as we caught sight of a daddy long-legs bashing its body from one side of the room to the other. What an utterly hopeless existence, we thought, as we wiped a pool of drool off our desk and poured the last dregs of tepid tea from our kettle. The poor thing bounced joylessly against a window and then half flew, half hopped its away along the wall to the other side of the room, where it clattered off Granny Fiver’s signed picture of Steve Ogrizovic before limply heading back the other way, never looking threatening or doing anything remotely interesting. This purposelessness continued for a while until it finally fell out of view. It’s probably dead but we couldn’t be bothered to check. It was hardly a life worth living and if it does reappear its journey will be every bit as pointless as the last one.

So back to Fulham, then, who fell out of the Premier League on Monday night after a listless 2-0 home defeat by Burnley that was so utterly predictable that even Very Intense Man Scott Parker struggled to sound surprised....

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I hope we don't drop our effort in the 3 remaining matches now that they mean relatively little (other than a place or 2 up the table) but it would be great to see a few fringe players given a run until the end of the season.

Would love to see Karbownik, Moder, Caicedo, Zeqiri, Tau, & Khadra given some game time (not all at once) but over the last 3 matches.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nice for Leicester to get a run-out against Man Utd's reserves.

Leicester's 3 points gives Liverpool a mountain to climb for Champions League, and to even reach base camp they have to beat a full-strength Man Utd on Thursday. I expect that game will have an extra edge to it now,.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was a lone voice on here when I suggested Benteke was not the donkey he has been portrayed as on here for years. He’d do a great job for us

*dons tin hat*

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nice for Leicester to get a run-out against Man Utd's reserves.

Leicester's 3 points gives Liverpool a mountain to climb for Champions League, and to even reach base camp they have to beat a full-strength Man Utd on Thursday. I expect that game will have an extra edge to it now,.

Good

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The unpalatable truth is a Palace win would probably be better for us tonight as not much chance of us catching them after our Wolves implosion.

Next year - when Palace lose their out of contract players and probably Hodgson- is the real opportunity to overtake them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here