Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] 25 years ago today

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I came back from working in Italy and my mate offered me one, I turned it down.

I was bored with Oasis by then but I regret it now.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Was anybody else queueing outside the Brighton centre trying to get tickets to see Oasis at Knebworth?

Yep. Got one for my then girlfriend who was supposed to be coming back from Australia. She didn't and I spent hours trying to flog it at Stevenage station.

Lost everyone I went up there with. Bumped into a Scouser in a similar situation when I arrived on site and spent the day with him. He was an absolute loon. It kicked off between Leeds and Villa and he just steamed into the middle of it.

Entertaining day. Glad I went. Totally indifferent to Oasis now. It was of it's time.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Strong rumours they will be getting back together soon as their money earnt from Oasis is starting to dwindle so a quick and very lucrative tour would sort them out for the rest of their lives . I know they are really just glorified yobs especially Liam that supposedly hate each other but they will deff get back together for a tour because the £100m or so they could earn from it will be too much for them to turn down .

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Strong rumours they will be getting back together soon as their money earnt from Oasis is starting to dwindle so a quick and very lucrative tour would sort them out for the rest of their lives . I know they are really just glorified yobs especially Liam that supposedly hate each other but they will deff get back together for a tour because the £100m or so they could earn from it will be too much for them to turn down .
I can see this happening but I won't be queuing outside the Brighton centre or even online for a ticket as they were very noticeably past their best last time I saw them.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
No.

I really, really wanted to go but was made to go on a family holiday to somewhere near ****ing Middlesbrough instead. I had to make do with listening to it on the radio.

When talk of a re-union surfaces, as it inevitably does every year, I always wonder what version of Oasis would actually re-unite. I think it's a given that Tony McCarroll wouldn't make an appearance on drums. But would we get the peak 90's Oasis with Guigsy and Bonehead or the more technically talented but lost their magic Oasis with Gem and Andy Bell.

I think I'd only go see them if it was Guigsy and Bonehead.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Well l hope you enjoyed Middlesbrough, that well known holiday destination, sandy beaches, warm sunshine, clean air, what's not to like? :eek:

We actually stayed in a small village on the outskirts. We did seem to drive through it every day though to get to wherever it was we were going that day. It was a shithole. Obviously.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We actually stayed in a small village on the outskirts. We did seem to drive through it every day though to get to wherever it was we were going that day. It was a shithole. Obviously.

Yep l take your point. To be fair, County Durham, and particularly Northumberland are wonderful counties to visit once you are outside the big cities, scarcely populated, plenty of room, lots to see and do.

Probably a good choice for a staycation this year, l'm told that Devon and Cornwall are likely to resemble Benidorm come the summer peak.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
God no. I think we were gigging in Manchester around this time in 96, remember we did a Wednesday night, home at 4 am, up for work at 7, then off to Bedford & Liverpool for the weekend . . . . later that summer I gave up work ( got made redundant) and we did a 2 week Uni tour in Sept/October. happy daze.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Went to Knebworth.

Liked the first few Oasis songs (Live Forever, Cigarettes & Alcohol), but went off them thereafter.

However Knebworth seemed like a huge event of its era, so worth going. And I liked the Charlatans too, who were support.

Would never listen to them now, but it was a good “I was there” moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Went to Knebworth.

Liked the first few Oasis songs (Live Forever, Cigarettes & Alcohol), but went off them thereafter.

However Knebworth seemed like a huge event of its era, so worth going. And I liked the Charlatans too, who were support.

Would never listen to them now, but it was a good “I was there” moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have always been Oasis fan, and this was the one time I wanted to get a ticket.
Spent an hour and half on constant redial waiting to get through, purchased 3 tickets at great stress to my credit card.
Had a great day, only spoilt by getting an unlicensed taxi back from London to Ruislip at 2am, resulting us in doing a runner.
Getting tickets to see Oasis after that seemed a doddle.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I went to knebworth but I don't remember getting my tickets from the Brighton centre.
I'm sure I got mine from a record shop near Brighton station.
What a weekend though,great concert which had a bit of a festival vibe to it.
Fantastic.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here