Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yves Bissouma/Graham Potter

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Yves is a world class defensive midfielder and will leave this summer. He only got two years left of his contract and if he stays for another year, his value will decrease and in order to be a sustainable club - which is what the owner wants - the club will need to start to sell players every now and then, and Bissouma will be the first big sale.

He wont bring as much in attack as Wijnaldum does, he is very comfortable on the ball but not really a playmaker or a goal scorer - its a sitting midfielder that makes a lot of tackles and interceptions and is great in the air while also positioning well when the defenders need options in the build-up. He got few equivalents in todays football.

I'm sure that wherever he goes he will immediatly turn into a key player. Perhaps not getting the headlines he's got in Brighton over the last year as in a big club he would be the guy carrying out all the dirty work for the star players, a much needed job.

As for Graham Potter, opinions are divided. I think most people appreciate his work but there is also a category that would like some overly experienced, sacked-once-a-year bloke screaming in anger and agony on the sidelines.

good post....

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I think Liverpool fans already have enough of a tendency to annoint their managers as the messiah, without adding the Potter cult to it. We could see the cathedrals being torn down and a massive 100ft statue of Potter's face being put up on Lime Street with the rubble.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Bissouma's improvement from player with potential to dominating midfield game after game in the past 12 months is really impressive. What's more impressive is I think there is still quite a bit more to come.

If we had Kane and Son in our team we'd be in, or very close to, the top 4. Unless your Spurs mate thinks that apart from Kane and Son Brighton are considerably better player for player I'd suggest he gets his head out of his arse and takes a few deep breaths of cleansing fresh air. He'll be amazed by how different the world is when he can see and think clearly rather than through the fog of big club spurs shit.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh no he's rubbish. But we have got [insert crap player here] and you could have him instead for just [insert stupid transfer free here] if you want.

Haha rib-tickling stuff. pmsl

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here