Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yves Bissouma/Graham Potter

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
55 million......as a starting point , fair play to the scouts for finding him , we need to cash in on him , White , and Lamptey if we are going to compete in the championship 22/23.

you only had to look at the last 30 minutes v wolves to see how basic we are and that was with Biss and White on the pitch.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bissouma - Rubbish. 2 goals in 83 games says it all. Not even close to getting a look in for France. You'd be wasting your money TBH.

Potter - lucky to be in a job here mate. "The most uninspiring manager we've ever had bar Hyppia." If Spurs took him off us we'd be chuffed as, but unfortunately they won't and he's got 5 years left on his contract so we're stuck with him.

He wouldn't get a look in for France, would he? :wink:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Bissouma is a world class defensive midfielder with an engine that goes on forever and in that role would slot into of the "big ESL teams" but in my view he is lacking when he gets near the opponents penalty area, his shooting is worse than mine and I'm an overweight 50 something and I also feel he doesn't pick out the best pass.

That said great player who would be sorely missed but if you think Liverpool or another club will get him for £30mill then you are kidding yourself, as others have said we don't need to sell and our owner is a fan who is very business savvy and knows a thing about playing poker so he will only go for top dollar.

Potter you ask? he's sh1t best left where he is.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Lots of Spurs fans laugh at the idea of them getting Potter but fail to see that he would have 100% had them playing better than Mourinho ever did, absolutely no doubt about it.

Bissouma... it’s £40m minimum. Some of the bigger clubs seem to think they can have him for the £25-30m range which just is not happening.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Bissouma?

I'm a season ticket holder at Brighton & I reckon he's shithouse.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Alright guys!

Liverpool fan coming in peace! Firstly congratulations on staying up! Made up you guys did, think Brighton play some really good stuff, found it a bit crazy how you've found yourself down there this season!

Just a few questions if people don't mind me pecking there heads, as you all know silly season is upon us and we get linked with 1000 people a week, one link that has been constant seems to be Yves.

Any word on your side about his future, and if you do think be will go just how good is he?

Seen him occasionally and looks good, dont watch anywhere near a much as you guys though! Another little question, what's the general thoughts on Potter?

My spurs mate is dreading the thought of him getting linked with them! Tried to tell him you guys play football and he wouldn't be a bad fit at all!

Cheers for any responses guys.

Spion

Oh Bissouma is overrated to be honest. He won’t improve you.

Have you heard of Davy Proper? Very talented Dutch maestro, scores a lot of goals, creates, exceptional player. And Ali Jahnanbasch * (top performer at the 2018 World Cup and Dutch Eredivisie superstar).

It’d be a shame to lose them but may be hard for us to hold onto both in the summer. With his cool hair I can see Davy being the next Anfield Spice boy.

And Potter? There’s a well known phrase uttered by the wise football heads around these parts. “Porter out”.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Yves is a world class defensive midfielder and will leave this summer. He only got two years left of his contract and if he stays for another year, his value will decrease and in order to be a sustainable club - which is what the owner wants - the club will need to start to sell players every now and then, and Bissouma will be the first big sale.

He wont bring as much in attack as Wijnaldum does, he is very comfortable on the ball but not really a playmaker or a goal scorer - its a sitting midfielder that makes a lot of tackles and interceptions and is great in the air while also positioning well when the defenders need options in the build-up. He got few equivalents in todays football.

I'm sure that wherever he goes he will immediatly turn into a key player. Perhaps not getting the headlines he's got in Brighton over the last year as in a big club he would be the guy carrying out all the dirty work for the star players, a much needed job.

As for Graham Potter, opinions are divided. I think most people appreciate his work but there is also a category that would like some overly experienced, sacked-once-a-year bloke screaming in anger and agony on the sidelines.

I must say I've never really noticed this?!!!

I must admit to finding the transformation in Biss over the last 12 months as truly remarkable. It wasn't long ago to me he seemed a only a bit-player-with-promise who gave away the ball too often, seemed sloppy, even lazy at times and a player I found very frustrating to watch. If it's down to coaching then Potter has transformed him in only a way that the God Beilsa could have done and fair play to him (in such a short time too). Certainly our player of the season 20-21. Apart from possible covid-deflated prices* it's a great time to sell him. I'd been interested to see if he goes on to be another Bridcutt (brilliant for us in a particular system and never the same for any other team) or really goes up a level.

*£45m+ hopefully but can't see anyone, particularly the tight Scousers, paying that.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
*£45m+ hopefully but can't see anyone, particularly the tight Scousers, paying that.

If you're trying to replace Fernandinho, if the pandemic has largely unaffected the owners bottomless pockets and if you're willing to pay £41m for Nathan ****ing Ake last year, then yes, you'd pay £45m+.

Iford Albion

Jul 30, 2017
Shane Duffy is a better fit. Loves scouse girls and good in the tunnel when things get heated. Could do a job as defensive midfielder. 5 million and a set of hubcaps. Bissouma is sh1tehouse.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Very over-rated, a real disappointment
Couldn't trap a bag of sand
I actually didn't know he was 6ft, thought he was much shorter than this

One truth is though he is the best player I have seen for Brighton for winning a ball back after we have just given it away, he has a canny habit of doing this through his speed, agility and muscle
Often takes opposition players by surprise and the amazement in their faces as to how he just appeared from nowhere and robbed them of the ball

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
One truth is though he is the best player I have seen for Brighton for winning a ball back after we have just given it away, he has a canny habit of doing this through his speed, agility and muscle
Often takes opposition players by surprise and the amazement in their faces as to how he just appeared from nowhere and robbed them of the ball

He's actually the best player I've seen from any team at winning the ball back. Your last sentence sums him up beautifully.

If he could shoot accurately and score a few goals he'd be world class rather than just one of the best defensive midfielders in the Premier League.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Bissouma and Potter are massively overrated in the media. Just look at our position in the table - only just clear of relegation. We're massively in debt, though, so might listen to offers over £60m or possibly a part exchange. Salah + cash, perhaps? Reports say he's unsettled there.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Bissouma is like having 1 and a half good players or 1 exceptional player .

Some of his recovery tackles are just ridiculous almost X-Man stuff , I'm not even joking .

He has a goal or 2 in him but I reckon 1 out of 10 shots are on target , improvement needed .

Deceptively quick over short distances, hard to knock off the ball and virtually impossible to predict , which makes him all the better .

Obviously I'm biased but if there's a better player in the Premier League in the position he plays I've not seen him , and certainly wouldn't swap him for say Kante .

If he wants to leave for a smaller club I doubt Bloom will stand in his way , but he will not be cheap , wherever he goes if he does go , however much that club pays they've got a bargain .

As for Potter , what's not to like , imagine him in charge of England , oh hang on cancel that they might actually win something and the old guard at the FA won't like that idea having to employ someone to polish 2 trophies .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I must say I've never really noticed this?!!!

I must admit to finding the transformation in Biss over the last 12 months as truly remarkable. It wasn't long ago to me he seemed a only a bit-player-with-promise who gave away the ball too often, seemed sloppy, even lazy at times and a player I found very frustrating to watch. If it's down to coaching then Potter has transformed him in only a way that the God Beilsa could have done and fair play to him (in such a short time too). Certainly our player of the season 20-21. Apart from possible covid-deflated prices* it's a great time to sell him. I'd been interested to see if he goes on to be another Bridcutt (brilliant for us in a particular system and never the same for any other team) or really goes up a level.

TBF, when Liverpool have bought players from us in the past they paid the going rate, fair and square.

Bissouma s an excellent DM, certainly destined for top level football. He will cost you a lot - we don't need or want to sell, so you'd have to pay top dollar to make it worth our while. We do have a couple of other players who may interest you*, so if you were willing to take them we'd give you a decent discount on Bissouma!

*Actually, we want them off the books ...............

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Are you on the look out for a striker? We’ve some we could recommend including one whose scored more than Firmino but most on here think is shitehouse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here