Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yves Bissouma/Graham Potter

SpionKop

May 10, 2021
Alright guys!

Liverpool fan coming in peace! Firstly congratulations on staying up! Made up you guys did, think Brighton play some really good stuff, found it a bit crazy how you've found yourself down there this season!

Just a few questions if people don't mind me pecking there heads, as you all know silly season is upon us and we get linked with 1000 people a week, one link that has been constant seems to be Yves.

Any word on your side about his future, and if you do think be will go just how good is he?

Seen him occasionally and looks good, dont watch anywhere near a much as you guys though! Another little question, what's the general thoughts on Potter?

My spurs mate is dreading the thought of him getting linked with them! Tried to tell him you guys play football and he wouldn't be a bad fit at all!

Cheers for any responses guys.

Spion

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just a few questions if people don't mind me pecking there heads, as you all know silly season is upon us and we get linked with 1000 people a week, one link that has been constant seems to be Yves.

Any word on your side about his future, and if you do think be will go just how good is he?

I think he wants to play a higher standard than you can offer at the moment as he wants to play Champions League football.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yves is rubbish, can't kick a ball, can't tackle or complete a pass, leave him here, we'll do what we can with him but to be honest there's not a lot to work with. However, we have this guy called Ali J, you'd love him and we'd discount the £40m by 5%?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Alright guys!

Liverpool fan coming in peace! Firstly congratulations on staying up! Made up you guys did, think Brighton play some really good stuff, found it a bit crazy how you've found yourself down there this season!

Seen him occasionally and looks good, dont watch anywhere near a much as you guys though! Another little question, what's the general thoughts on Potter?

My spurs mate is dreading the thought of him getting linked with them! Tried to tell him you guys play football and he wouldn't be a bad fit at all!

Spion

Think a number of us accept Bissouma might be on his way or at least will understand if he goes (won't be cheap though and paper talk of £30m is probably underplaying things - if you do any research into how we're run as a club you'll see we've got a lifelong fan as owner who won't be messed about - and critically we don't need to sell) - if not this summer then it's only a matter of time IMO. He is potential CL material (if not already there) and has developed massively in the last year or so.

Spend any time on here and you'll see some pretty polarised views of Potter, but the majority can see what he's trying to do and wouldn't want him to go. He's got the full support of the Chairman/board and a long contract........quite possible he'd take one look at Spurs and steer well clear anyway :)

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Alright guys!

Spion
Re Bissouma
I`ve got no doubt that he is off this summer.
To be fair he has done his time with us and a move to a big 6 club would make him.
He`s been great this season although his shooting sometimes lets him down.
Good engine and his tackling has really improved in the last 12 months.
If you believe the papers all the top clubs except Chelsea seem interested and if we do sell hopefully a bidding war will take place.

Potter is great too, with a decent striker we would have been top 10.
Concerned that Spurs and Arsenal are looking at him, would be an upgrade on what they have.
Hopefully he`ll stay here as the future is bright and we have a lot of good kids coming through.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
They're both very over rated. If Liverpool want a bargain you can have Ali J and Locadia for £30m. Each

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Alright guys!

Spion

Yves is a world class defensive midfielder and will leave this summer. He only got two years left of his contract and if he stays for another year, his value will decrease and in order to be a sustainable club - which is what the owner wants - the club will need to start to sell players every now and then, and Bissouma will be the first big sale.

He wont bring as much in attack as Wijnaldum does, he is very comfortable on the ball but not really a playmaker or a goal scorer - its a sitting midfielder that makes a lot of tackles and interceptions and is great in the air while also positioning well when the defenders need options in the build-up. He got few equivalents in todays football.

I'm sure that wherever he goes he will immediatly turn into a key player. Perhaps not getting the headlines he's got in Brighton over the last year as in a big club he would be the guy carrying out all the dirty work for the star players, a much needed job.

As for Graham Potter, opinions are divided. I think most people appreciate his work but there is also a category that would like some overly experienced, sacked-once-a-year bloke screaming in anger and agony on the sidelines.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Yves is rubbish, can't kick a ball, can't tackle or complete a pass, leave him here, we'll do what we can with him but to be honest there's not a lot to work with. However, we have this guy called Ali J, you'd love him and we'd discount the £40m by 5%?

yep ...gash plus all that time off for ramadan and prayers and he's got a kebab van in Bognor so can't play midweek ....rubbish , leave well alone.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Yves is a world class defensive midfielder and will leave this summer. He only got two years left of his contract and if he stays for another year, his value will decrease and in order to be a sustainable club - which is what the owner wants - the club will need to start to sell players every now and then, and Bissouma will be the first big sale.

He wont bring as much in attack as Wijnaldum does, he is very comfortable on the ball but not really a playmaker or a goal scorer - its a sitting midfielder that makes a lot of tackles and interceptions and is great in the air while also positioning well when the defenders need options in the build-up. He got few equivalents in todays football.

I'm sure that wherever he goes he will immediatly turn into a key player. Perhaps not getting the headlines he's got in Brighton over the last year as in a big club he would be the guy carrying out all the dirty work for the star players, a much needed job.

As for Graham Potter, opinions are divided. I think most people appreciate his work but there is also a category that would like some overly experienced, sacked-once-a-year bloke screaming in anger and agony on the sidelines.[/QUOTE/]

Shut up mate ....yeh...??

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Alright guys!

Spion

With respect, his English language in now very clear, please don't get him confused with the scouse dialect...

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004

and don't mention Calamity Sanchez between the posts - let 2 goals in v Wolves!!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Yves Bissouma, terrible player, looks much better on the telly then in real life; nothing to see here.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Alright guys!

Spion
He's rubbish - go away.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Very good defensive midfield player. Great athleticism and tackling ability. Quick and powerful. However talk of £30m as a transfer fee is short of the £ 40/45m that we will want. Apparently Man City are also interested.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Can’t add much more to others Mr Scouse but here goes:

Bissouma:
Massively overrated by the media and fans. Check out his shooting FFS! Most Albion fans are scratching their heads as to why he has started so many games and why he is being mentioned by some idiots as our potential Player Of The Season instead of club legend Dunky. Never seen him score for us with his head, that should be enough to put you off.

Potter:
The fans view is summed up by local columnist, digger and wonky glasses model who asked ‘Is Potter the worst Manager Brighton has ever had?’ this season.
Tell your spuds mate to leave Potter be on your way out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here