Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The 2021-22 Pre-Season Friendly Thread (First team, U-23s and U-18s)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
So, with Premier League survival having been finally secured this evening, let's bin off this most frustrating of seasons and look forward to the broad, sunlit uplands of the 2021-22 season. And that will commence, of course, with the pre-season schedule.

Worthing have already announced a friendly against the U-23s on July 9th:-

[TWEET]1391835889890889728[/TWEET]

If you see mention of a friendly fixture against an Albion side, please flag it here so that I can keep an updated list for all to see.

1st Team:

?

U-23s:

Friday July 9 Kick-off: 2pm v Worthing (Venue: Amex Training Ground, Lancing ?)

U-18s:

?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
So, with Premier League survival having been finally secured this evening, let's bin off this most frustrating of seasons and look forward to the broad, sunlit uplands of the 2021-22 season. And that will commence, of course, with the pre-season schedule.

Worthing have already announced a friendly against the U-23s on July 9th:-

[TWEET]1391835889890889728[/TWEET]

If you see mention of a friendly fixture against an Albion side, please flag it here so that I can keep an updated list for all to see.

1st Team:

?

U-23s:

U-18s:

?

Hastings normally announce fixtures early if we do play them:)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Training camp in Sweden please... unlikely due to this still being a virus hellhole and whatnot, but anyway.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Love this. Hope we can get a game with our feeder clubs USG and Hibs.
Wouldn't be surprised if we do play Hibs(A).

I think it has been hinted that the training camp is in Scotland this summer.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Burgess Hill Town have announced a fixture against "Brighton and Hove Albion U18s/U23s", which I am reporting as an U-23s fixture until any other info comes to light:-

1st Team:

?

U-23s:

Tuesday August 3 Kick-off: 7:30pm @ Burgess Hill Town (Venue: More Than Tyres Stadium, Burgess Hill)

U-18s:

?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
What we know so far:-

1st Team:

?

U-23s:

Fri Jul 9 Kick-off: 2pm v Worthing (Venue: Amex Training Ground, Lancing ?)
Fri Jul 16 Kick-off: 7pm v Eastbourne Borough (Venue: Amex Training Ground, Lancing)
Tues Aug 3 Kick-off: 7:30pm @ Burgess Hill Town (Venue: More Than Tyres Stadium, Burgess Hill)

U-18s:

?

Any more for any more?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hibs, Rangers and one of the Dundees. Rounding off with USG at the Amex.

Gives us a chance to cheer on our 2021-22 loanees ...............................

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Hibs, Rangers and one of the Dundees. Rounding off with USG at the Amex.

Gives us a chance to cheer on our 2021-22 loanees ...............................

Actually checked to see if this was true as would make a break of it up in Scotland myself but unfortunately it isn’t :down: well unless you have some inside information

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Actually checked to see if this was true as would make a break of it up in Scotland myself but unfortunately it isn’t :down: well unless you have some inside information

No, just speculation - sorry! I think a similar agenda was suggested on the link to Hibs thread when that news broke - coupled with a suggestion that the team's summer training camp would be in Scotland. Whether there's any truth in that either, I don't know.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
What we know so far:-

1st Team:

?

U-23s:

Fri Jul 9 Kick-off: 2pm v Worthing (Venue: Amex Training Ground, Lancing ?)
Fri Jul 16 Kick-off: 7pm v Eastbourne Borough (Venue: Amex Training Ground, Lancing)
Tues Aug 3 Kick-off: 7:30pm @ Burgess Hill Town (Venue: More Than Tyres Stadium, Burgess Hill)

U-18s:

?

Any more for any more?

Has anyone seen or heard news about more pre-season friendlies for Albion sides this summer?

origigull

Jun 29, 2009

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Has anyone seen or heard news about more pre-season friendlies for Albion sides this summer?

Is it my hazy memory or don't the U23s usually play a few more local non-league teams than they are this year? Seems very quiet on the friendlies front for all our teams at the moment.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Is it my hazy memory or don't the U23s usually play a few more local non-league teams than they are this year? Seems very quiet on the friendlies front for all our teams at the moment.

Well, I'm sure we don't yet know the full schedule, so too early to judge. They usually would have a training camp (typically ending with a fixture) abroad; for the record, these are their domestic pre-season fixtures for the last few seasons:-

2020-21 (Obviously seriously affected by the Covid-19 situation) - Whitehawk, Fulham, Bournemouth
2019-20 - Merstham, Hastings, Ebbsfleet, QPR, Carshalton
2018-19 - Bognor, Charlton, Fulham, Nottm Forest. Haywards Heath (Sussex Community Shield)
2017-18 - Arsenal, Celtic, Whitehawk, Shoreham (Sussex Community Shield), Bournemouth
2016-17 - Hastings, Dorchester, Whitehawk, Reading

So, even allowing for the fact that there is no Sussex Community Shield match this summer, they have already scheduled more matches against local non-league sides this coming pre-season than for any of the last five years!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here