Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Plumbing help please - shower waste pump

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Hi all wise sages of plumbing - advice / assistance needed, please.

We have a walk-in shower fitted with a waste pump. This is an AKW Digipump 4, which does not appear on the AKW website (and I presume is now obsolete / has been replaced with a newer model).

This morning it just stopped working (no prior warning). Is there a simple 'reset' switch anywhere, in case it just decided to stop working for no good reason? Or am I looking at £800+ for a replacement AKW, plus fitting? Or is there another model that is as good / better, at half the price and can be fitted by a (reasonably) competent DIYer?

Any / all advice welcomed - even the inevitable turn it off and then on again, 5-min job type :)

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Is there power to the pump?
It’ll be fed from a fused spur.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Have you checked the electric supply to the pump? Fuse in spur or plug top?

Is there power to the pump?
It’ll be fed from a fused spur.

Fabulous, thanks to you both. A quick trip to get a 5amp fuse fixed it.

I think it was the groaning dread of a £1,000+ bill that scrambled my brain and stopped me thinking as simply and logically as you guys :)

Remind me when we are all back at the stadium, and I will gladly buy you both a beer (please PM me nearer the time) - and huge thanks again :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I think it was the groaning dread of a £1,000+ bill that scrambled my brain and stopped me thinking as simply and logically as you guys :)

Remind me when we are all back at the stadium, and I will gladly buy you both a beer (please PM me nearer the time) - and huge thanks again :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

So, have you found out what caused the fuse to blow?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Great news pleased for you glad we could help, the plumbers weren’t much use :lolol:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Still out working hard and tidying up after ourselves unlike other trades I could mention. :whistle: :wink: :)
I've just done a bathroom in woodingdean, the electrician was a friend of the families and he STILL left his mess everywhere for me to sweep up in the morning!

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I've just done a bathroom in woodingdean, the electrician was a friend of the families and he STILL left his mess everywhere for me to sweep up in the morning!

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

I thought it was an in joke that a sparky hasn’t got a clue what a dustpan and brush actually is. :)

I worked in one house and the sparks said “ ooo look at you with your dust sheets” I told him I always respect the customers home. He carried on replacing the sockets and light switches on another floor and there was dust and cable off cuts all over the carpet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here