Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Yet another stabbing in London

0 Not allowed!
    More lives ruined after yet another London stabbing:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...r-b933769.html

Surely one possible solution is for the Government / Police to look at the data and start to profile the typical victim and typical perpetrator of such crimes in terms of age / gender / ethnicity and start to target this group with a rigorous stop and search policy between the hours when these crimes typically take place, probably early to late evening......................s o for example if the statistics show the typical perpetrator of knife crimes tends to be white males in the 40-50 age range, issue a statement to say if you fall into that demographic expect to be stopped and searched early to late evening in order to try and prevent knife crime. I appreciate it wouldn't be practical to search everyone of this demographic but surely it would act as a deterrent if you know there is a good chance you will be stopped and searched.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Larry Boyd View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      More lives ruined after yet another London stabbing:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...r-b933769.html

Surely one possible solution is for the Government / Police to look at the data and start to profile the typical victim and typical perpetrator of such crimes in terms of age / gender / ethnicity and start to target this group with a rigorous stop and search policy between the hours when these crimes typically take place, probably early to late evening......................s o for example if the statistics show the typical perpetrator of knife crimes tends to be white males in the 40-50 age range, issue a statement to say if you fall into that demographic expect to be stopped and searched early to late evening in order to try and prevent knife crime. I appreciate it wouldn't be practical to search everyone of this demographic but surely it would act as a deterrent if you know there is a good chance you will be stopped and searched.
      absolutely. PC brigade would not be happy about targeting a group though

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Napper View Post
      I don't think objecting to targeting groups based on ethnicity as the OP suggest is being part of the PC Brigade, I think it's more "Not a racist Brigade".

3 Not allowed!
      I give this two pages absolute max.

....as well as a yawn.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Wonder how many bites the OP is going to get
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

9 Not allowed!
      racial profiling already happens, with a good deal of tension caused as a result.

what we should also do is profile forum posters, those that start overtly racially motivated threads and constantly post towards an agenda can be barred.
      The English know how to make the best of things. Their so-called muddling through is simply skill at dealing with the inevitable.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      racial profiling already happens, with a good deal of tension caused as a result.

what we should also do is profile forum posters, those that start overtly racially motivated threads and constantly post towards an agenda can be barred.
      But surely profiling those who are most likely to commit knife crime is a good thing? Imagine how many lives could be saved if it was to happen? Surely the resulting 'tension' would be a price worth paying? How is my OP 'overtly racially motivated?' I didn't suggest targeting a particularly racial group, I suggested targeting those 'who are most likely' to commit knife crimes. What would you suggest as a solution to knife crime in London?
      Many More Voting Years wellquickwoody's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      I give this two pages absolute max.

....as well as a yawn.
      Oh hello..........are you back again?

Surprised you find the increase in knife crime among the working classes so boring, thought it would be right up your alley. Or do the effects of this epidemic not really have any bearing upon the lives or the clientele of the restaurants you choose to frequent?
      The only gay gammon in the village!

0 Not allowed!
      tick, tock ........
      Pro-peace

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Napper View Post
      Unlike other brigades who would gladly be targeted as a group instead of being seen as individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
      Wonder how many bites the OP is going to get
      Despite using this second or third or whatever account of his (previously known as Beach Seagull) to post poorly hidden racist shit, he is obviously considered a valuable member of the forum meaning hopefully we'll keep biting to keep him posting. As seen previously, removal of people who are only here to post their racist narratives is apparently not how things are done around here for whatever reason. Maybe this and a few other blokes like him are someones old drinking buddies or something. Who knows.