Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet another stabbing in London

Larry Boyd

Banned
Feb 25, 2021
More lives ruined after yet another London stabbing:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/cri...ent-cross-shopping-centre-murder-b933769.html

Surely one possible solution is for the Government / Police to look at the data and start to profile the typical victim and typical perpetrator of such crimes in terms of age / gender / ethnicity and start to target this group with a rigorous stop and search policy between the hours when these crimes typically take place, probably early to late evening......................so for example if the statistics show the typical perpetrator of knife crimes tends to be white males in the 40-50 age range, issue a statement to say if you fall into that demographic expect to be stopped and searched early to late evening in order to try and prevent knife crime. I appreciate it wouldn't be practical to search everyone of this demographic but surely it would act as a deterrent if you know there is a good chance you will be stopped and searched.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
More lives ruined after yet another London stabbing:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/cri...ent-cross-shopping-centre-murder-b933769.html

Surely one possible solution is for the Government / Police to look at the data and start to profile the typical victim and typical perpetrator of such crimes in terms of age / gender / ethnicity and start to target this group with a rigorous stop and search policy between the hours when these crimes typically take place, probably early to late evening......................so for example if the statistics show the typical perpetrator of knife crimes tends to be white males in the 40-50 age range, issue a statement to say if you fall into that demographic expect to be stopped and searched early to late evening in order to try and prevent knife crime. I appreciate it wouldn't be practical to search everyone of this demographic but surely it would act as a deterrent if you know there is a good chance you will be stopped and searched.

absolutely. PC brigade would not be happy about targeting a group though

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014

I don't think objecting to targeting groups based on ethnicity as the OP suggest is being part of the PC Brigade, I think it's more "Not a racist Brigade".

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I give this two pages absolute max.

....as well as a yawn.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
racial profiling already happens, with a good deal of tension caused as a result.

what we should also do is profile forum posters, those that start overtly racially motivated threads and constantly post towards an agenda can be barred.

Larry Boyd

Banned
Feb 25, 2021
racial profiling already happens, with a good deal of tension caused as a result.

what we should also do is profile forum posters, those that start overtly racially motivated threads and constantly post towards an agenda can be barred.

But surely profiling those who are most likely to commit knife crime is a good thing? Imagine how many lives could be saved if it was to happen? Surely the resulting 'tension' would be a price worth paying? How is my OP 'overtly racially motivated?' I didn't suggest targeting a particularly racial group, I suggested targeting those 'who are most likely' to commit knife crimes. What would you suggest as a solution to knife crime in London?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I give this two pages absolute max.

....as well as a yawn.

Oh hello..........are you back again?

Surprised you find the increase in knife crime among the working classes so boring, thought it would be right up your alley. Or do the effects of this epidemic not really have any bearing upon the lives or the clientele of the restaurants you choose to frequent?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Unlike other brigades who would gladly be targeted as a group instead of being seen as individuals.

Wonder how many bites the OP is going to get

Despite using this second or third or whatever account of his (previously known as Beach Seagull) to post poorly hidden racist shit, he is obviously considered a valuable member of the forum meaning hopefully we'll keep biting to keep him posting. As seen previously, removal of people who are only here to post their racist narratives is apparently not how things are done around here for whatever reason. Maybe this and a few other blokes like him are someones old drinking buddies or something. Who knows.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The poster formerly known as Beach Seagull has had his posting rights terminated.

'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Unlike other brigades who would gladly be targeted as a group instead of being seen as individuals.

Despite using this second or third or whatever account of his (previously known as Beach Seagull) to post poorly hidden racist shit, he is obviously considered a valuable member of the forum meaning hopefully we'll keep biting to keep him posting. As seen previously, removal of people who are only here to post their racist narratives is apparently not how things are done around here for whatever reason. Maybe this and a few other blokes like him are someones old drinking buddies or something. Who knows.

A snide insinuation that's completely wrong.

The user is perma banned (again). Unfortunately he keeps re-registering under new names. It's like whack-a-mole. I suggest you apologise and withdraw that comment.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The poster formerly known as Beach Seagull has had his posting rights terminated.

'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker.

“ I see. I see, I get the picture.”

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

As explained below - it's difficult. If someone wants to re-register and takes care with how they do it, there is no way of knowing that an apparent new member of the community is someone who has previously been banned.

I manually vet all new registrations. This is quite time consuming but does help filter out various nefarious types, but I'll never be able to stop all the bad people at the front door.

Once vetted all new members go through a probationary period and, after a certain level of activity, they are automatically promoted to a full member. Clearly some bad actors know this and stay below the radar until such time as they feel they have made it back unnoticed - and they probably have.

Beyond that, a long-time rule on NSC has been to let people be stupid, because there will be plenty of people who will let them know. I certainly don't want NSC to be some sort of safe haven for racists and, perhaps sometimes I have been too liberal in allowing some people to post in a way that many find objectionable. That's not because I agree or sympathise with the views expressed, nor because I want NSC to get more page views regardless of the content, but simply because I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe I need to be a bit less forgiving, and it's something I'll give thought to.

If people use the report post button alongside any bad posts, it gives us the best chance to take appropriate action.

A snide insinuation that's completely wrong.

The user is perma banned (again). Unfortunately he keeps re-registering under new names. It's like whack-a-mole. I suggest you apologise and withdraw that comment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here