Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Women's Super League - Albion 3 Bristol City 1

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Good win to end with in the league (the FA Cup is still going), and we finish in our highest league position so far of 6th. Congratulations to Hope and the whole team, staff etc.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Really good season for the women, top manager is Hope, so much for those who voted her out in earlier poll.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
The gulf between top four and the rest is ridiculously huge though so, it's going to take some five star signings if they want to be at the level of Chelsea and Man City. That said 6th is decent and the ladies should be very proud of their achievements.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Up the Albion Women.

ps I think the ladies' teams should continue be referred to as 'Team Name Women' as opposed to just 'Team Name' - it's been slipping recently on the Beeb and can be confusing. ie Chelsea beat Bayern last week...wait, what? Hopefully this isn't seen a sexist comment.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
We seem to be on our way to achieving Tony Bloom's ambition of having our women as a top-four team. He invariably gets what he wants. I'm very hopeful.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
It was a good end to the season, but it seemed to not really get going until the shocking defeat to bottom of the league Bristol City (who hadn't won all season before that game). Then the ladies went and beat Chelsea (the only team to do so all season) out of nowhere and went on a roll. Ultimately, there was progression as the season went on so hopefully they can strengthen in the summer and pick up next season where they left off this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here