Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives From The Pending Suspensions

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
No positives from Dunks suspension but the Maupay suspension could force Graham’s hard in giving someone a chance up front.

If Fulham drop points tomorrow night and we’re then safe, I’d be happy to see Zeqiri or Tau given a run of the last three games to stake a claim for next season.

I personally think Connolly has been given enough chances and it really would be a great opportunity to experiment with the line up rather than waiting for pre season friendlies against county league teams

What do other people think

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Happy to see a lad plucked from the Swiss second division and/or a player obviously not rated by the manager.

Says it all really.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Swiss Andi and Tau to get a go for sure. Although I hope people don't get on their backs for stepping in, tough opposition all the way to the end now!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Agree, will be a great opportunity for someone else to step up. I do think it’s long overdue, judging from here Maupay’s ongoing selection is probably the most contentious GP decision amongst the fan base.

Seeing the match time we’ve given to players the past few months it’s most likely Zequiri to replace Maup, or we change our formation and bring in AJ.

I’d be shocked if Tau gets the nod, although I’d be happy to see him get a chance.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Dunks suspension brings a positive in the sense that other players need to fill his void and try showing a bit more leadership. Good experience.

Maupay out means Connolly or Zeqiri (or, but hopefully not, Tau) gets a bit more game time... and perhaps also good for Maupay since people are going to realise what he means to Brightons way of playing despite not scoring a lot of goals.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I like the look of Zeqiri whenever I've seen him play, always puts the graft in and looks quite handy technically. Given Maupay's recent form might not be worst thing to happen.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
There’s a lot of options re replacing Maupay. Lallana as a number 10, with Welbeck and Trossard playing wider.
McAllister coming in to replace him. Doubt he’d last the full 90 and so replace with Percy with 30 to go.
Possibly Swiss Andy, or Connolly. Connolly may be good against West Ham to move their big centre halves around.
I actually think that Maupay needs a rest. The one thing that we should always agree on is that he puts a shift in. Even if he wasn’t suspended I think he should be rested.
Of greater concern will be the loss of Dunk, especially against the aerial threat of West Ham. I hope that Veltman will be back. If not him, I can see Burn coming back into the back three.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I hope we look to try someone else in Maupays place instead of pushing Trossard up there. Zeqiri or Connolly should get a chance to show they can finish better than Maupay

I'm confident that we've strong options in the back 3 in Lewis absence. (would f'ing love it to be big Shane, but i'm an old romantic rather than a realist)

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Positives - both will be rested and available for the Arsenal match which we may need to win to stay up.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Could Shane Duffy or Matt Clarke be available if needed? Would love big Shane to play a blinder and baffle all our Scottish friends

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Could Shane Duffy or Matt Clarke be available if needed? Would love big Shane to play a blinder and baffle all our Scottish friends

They aren’t part of our registered PL squad so no. I believe only U23s can be played unregistered.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Strange question, we have enough cover in the squad without having to call on them. Besides neither have been registered in our Premier League squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here