Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay's post-match red card

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I think it was about several fouls he didn’t get given during the second half. The problem with Moss is he’s way to unfit to referee at any level so is never up with play.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think there was one in particular in injury time where the wolves player blocked him off and the ref gave wolves the free kick.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
I think it was about several fouls he didn’t get given during the second half. The problem with Moss is he’s way to unfit to referee at any level so is never up with play.

I was thinking this all game. Not too much wrong with his decisions when he can see the incident. He tries to keep play going. Unfortunately he just can’t keep up to make those decisions.

I can understand Maupay’s frustration. He got kicked around a bit today.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Assume it's predominantly because Moss is a **** and not fit to ref at this standard.
Maupay probably shouldn't have said it to his face though.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

That doesn’t excuse him for getting sent off after the final whistle. So very unprofessional from a very mediocre player!

Last edited:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Maupay has been rubbish for months. His sending off is no loss to the team and will give Connolly a final chance to prove his quality in the final games. Or allow Zeqiri to play up front rather than left wing back.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
That doesn’t excuse for getting sent off after the final whistle. So very unprofessional from a very mediocre player!

I agree although would say players always have a moan at the referee at full time and 99 times out of 100 the referee does nothing about it.

Jimmy Grimble

He got **** all from that fat **** all day, I don’t blame him for mouthing off.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
That **** Moss gave him nothing all afternoon. That last one when Coady clearly fouled him, which would have given us a free kick in a great position, but Moss of course gave it to Wolves must have been the last straw. And then Coady just sits there laughing.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
I think there was one in particular in injury time where the wolves player blocked him off and the ref gave wolves the free kick.

Yes , think this was the tipping point , as i also couldnt believe Moss decision ,also , arguably a sending off offence , as was similar to Dunks offence

Another slow, incompetent buffoon, adjudicating Premier league , Its Absurd

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not played great for a while but thought he was better today. Silly thing to do though - he’ll always be fiery - part of his game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here