Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interesting Mail on Sunday article

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Why don't you just say what you are thinking rather than posting a clip from a sitcom?
Are you seriously criticising others for posting links without further comment?

Why don't you just say what you are thinking rather than posting a link to an article?

Larry Boyd

Banned
Feb 25, 2021
Are you seriously criticising others for posting links without further comment?

Why don't you just say what you are thinking rather than posting a link to an article?

I used the adjective ' interesting' in the thread title, so I did express what I thought.

Larry Boyd

Banned
Feb 25, 2021
Your thoughts on the link you posted without comment in Post #16?

Use your words.

ah got ya 'super moderator.' Have a read of the article, maybe some of the words might resonate with you and some others on here.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Obviously posted as a wind up. Not very interesting, just a fairly accurate assessment of the current state of affairs in England (other than Brighton and Hove, of course!)

It's a strange article by the Daily Mail, about 10 days ago they had their reporters leading the field in their reporting of Johnson's dodgy redecorating fund , and now this "A week ago the headline on our editorial said 'Almost everyone in this country has better things to worry about than Boris and Carrie's wallpaper'. " a weird world it is indeed when the Daily Mail is our policeman, defence lawyer and ultimate judge of the news agenda.

Larry Boyd

Banned
Feb 25, 2021
Avoiding the question, I see.

The even greater irony is that the majority consider themselves to be supremely kind, tolerant individuals – even though when it comes to opposing views they’re about as understanding as Anna Wintour might be when the intern brings her the wrong kind of coffee

Larry Boyd

Banned
Feb 25, 2021
As I'm not a super moderator, as you so eloquently put it.
I think you're a clueless buffoon (being polite here).
Thats what you wanted ???:shrug:

The even greater irony is that the majority consider themselves to be supremely kind, tolerant individuals – even though when it comes to opposing views they’re about as understanding as Anna Wintour might be when the intern brings her the wrong kind of coffee

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I liked you better as Beach Seagull.

You're not going to get great reactions to opposing views if those views are racist That's what got you a perma-ban, wasn't it?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I loved Devil Wears Prada, no comparison I'm afraid :)

Larry Boyd

Banned
Feb 25, 2021

You're not going to get great reactions to opposing views if those views are racist That's what got you a perma-ban, wasn't it?

They aren't racist. But the trouble is nowadays if you stray a millimetre away from the 'acceptable liberal line' you are labelled as such. So for example I think 'taking the knee' is a totally pointless and futile gesture that does nothing to eradicate racism but saying this probably makes me a racist.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
They aren't racist. But the trouble is nowadays if you stray a millimetre away from the 'acceptable liberal line' you are labelled as such. So for example I think 'taking the knee' is a totally pointless and futile gesture that does nothing to eradicate racism but saying this probably makes me a racist.

I think you and many others take comfort in that lie.

Harmyar

Mar 24, 2021
View attachment 136534

While you're on a roll, who do you reckon [MENTION=42218]Harmyar[/MENTION] was before he got banned :wink:

I can assure you I've never been banned or had an account on here,are you that conceited you assume people would re-register just to stalk you or are you just a little embarrassed that a newcomer has so easily got you booked as the board liar who throws his toys out of the pram
and avoids the issue entirely when confronted with the evidence of his lies?

Larry Boyd

Banned
Feb 25, 2021

Hi. Have you got some example of my 'racism' ? Thanks so much look forward to hearing back from you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here